1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Pocket pairs

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Ian mcdonough, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Pocket pairs can be tricky to play and there are lots of different factors that make up the way we play them position, stack sizes etc my question is how do you play them? from early positions a high amount of time I'll fold deuces through 6s am I wrong to do so from later positions I've shoving 7through Jack's any big pair I'll raise call or raise reraise depending on if its a shove I'm calling

Source.

2. TEACH (AlSpath)

TEACH (AlSpath) Active Member Founding Member

Poker Instructor
    Depends on more factors: tournament or cash games, how table is playing, number of players left at table, etc.

If you are going to make a stand (tournament), pairs, pairs pairs, they don't have to improve to win, remember that when it's crunch time and don't blind out.

Colette likes this.
  3. Colette

Colette New Member Lineage to Founders

Being old
    I find pocket pairs difficult. For me, they play way different online than live. Online there is no respect for raises, so I usually just call (sm bets) no matter what position. If I hit, I go nuts and hope for the best. Lots of chasers. Playing live I have a bit more respect, but still play cautious. I agree with all the factors that you and Al have noted.