1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Roulette Progressions explained

Discussion in 'Roulette Forum' started by TurboGenius, Apr 2, 2017.

1. TurboGenius

TurboGenius Well-Known Member Founding Member

Self proclaimed Theoretical Philosopher
    Wow, that makes it sound easy lol. That's all you've gotten from everything I've said ?
    It's not just betting "hot" numbers. Hot numbers get cold - cold numbers get hot - there's a specific way to play or else someone just "betting the hot numbers" with x,y,z progression would win every time. Sadly, there's more to it than that. Making sure you "have that edge" is what's most important - and that's done using math. After that it's easy really - as I said - the progression handles the player's lack of perfection when it comes to playing this way.

2. Fossell

Fossell Active Member

Ha Ha H..ang on? When did you get this all figured!

3. Fossell

Fossell Active Member

I whole heartedly concur. There's a key. Otherwise everyone would see it straightaway. Why does everyone jump in to the last post and assume this is just a straight forward progression on numbers that are 'hot'. And then assume TG is going to tell you exactly what to do.
    Don't get drawn in TG! Keep your thread on point or we know where this ends up. Again! :rolleyes:

jekhb1976 and TurboGenius like this.
  4. Rona

Rona Active Member

Turbo are you sure you are good at math?

You say that you win more often than the payout 35:1.
    If you win more often than the payout, then you will be a winner no matter what. Flat bet would produce profit (which you say it wont). A negative progression would produce profit too. Your use of up as you win progression is mathematically baseless. Maybe just a preoccupation because you have too much money with up as you lose progressions.

5. Fossell

Fossell Active Member

Rona sorry for jumping in. Sure TG will reply, but a normal 'up as you win progression' wouldn't last of course. But this isn't a standard progression. Don't take it on face value.
    Lets get back to ice cream cones with a raspberry ripple and a flake on the end ;-)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    jekhb1976 likes this.
  6. Rona

Rona Active Member

Hi Fossel,

No, he won't reply. He knows very well how to avoid hard questions.
    I'm not even sure that he understands that the flat bet diagrams he posted are true only if you DO NOT have any advantage.
    If you do have any prediction advantage, call it hot numbers, dealer signature, dreams or whatever, then the diagrams are different.

7. TurboGenius

Yep. A clear case of keeping the so-called argument going on in the hopes that my reply will contain what's "missing" - and I'm not about to do that. The more questions answered - the more the puzzle fills in - and the less chance that anyone who actually did the work and knows what I'm talking about will be able to use the info to their own advantage. I don't screw people over like that. I know one thing - I'm using it. I'll take my profit each time and let it build.

The lines of the "cone" show this already. The best possible number you could have flat bet and played (that showed more than any other number) and the worst number you could have flat bet and played. Anything between those two lines are what you can expect using no advantage whatsoever. That's exactly the point of the thread - to show that using no method and flat betting can't win long term. Shrugs. I tried. Maybe I wasn't clear enough since people want to keep pointing out what I said and then making the same argument that I did as if we don't agree.

8. Fossell

Fossell Active Member

They are just an example. Leading to why this particular selection method with progression is better.

jekhb1976 and TurboGenius like this.
  9. TurboGenius

It's weakness of mine to reply lol. I'll work on it :)

jekhb1976 likes this.
  10. Rona

Rona Active Member

Turbo I really don't want your reply to "contain what's missing" - couldn't care less.
    I'm asking you this:
    Do you understand that if one's predictions are better than 35:1 then no matter what progression he uses (negative, positive or flat) he will be in profit? Do you get this? Or you disagree (because in a previous post you said that a positive progression is the way to go).
    This is my question.

If you don't get it, then try to use a negative progression or flat bet. If you do have a prediction advantage, you will realize that you can keep making money and enjoying your lavish lifestyle with these progressions. :)

11. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone Well-Known Member Lineage to Founders

Shoe Cobbler
    Which part? What the best progression is that should be used when the player has the advantage? It's not rocket science. It's not a big secret. It's as simple as edge/expectancy x confidence level in the edge and betting conditions. Or when it doubt, just bet one percent of your bankroll at each spin. If you have the edge, then your bankroll will grow at the optimum rate. Money management is the easiest part if the player has the edge.

Fossell likes this.
  12. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone Well-Known Member Lineage to Founders

Shoe Cobbler

Turbo,

Again, it's not rocket science. You posted what you were doing. And for the record, I showed the sims and explained why it's not quite enough for the player to get the edge on a live wheel. Then, you took it further and claimed that it would work on an RNG or random wheel. At which point Turbomoron and I handily proved that it wouldn't work. After that you were in checkmate, but then began the secret squirrel adventure, where you pretended to have a way to get out of checkmate.

13. BlueAngel

BlueAngel Active Member

The average is a deceptive matter due to irregular distribution, for example if I bet for 148 spins, that's 4 cycles for European roulette, I could get 0 hits on the first, 1 hit on the second, 2 on the third and 5 hits on the fourth by betting 2 numbers and this is a good as getting 2 hits per cycle (average).
    So with one leg on the ice and the other on fire you cannot say that my body has normal temperature, if you get my drift.
    This is where a progression should come, what kind of progression is another matter.

14. BlueAngel

BlueAngel Active Member

Is it secret squirrel or hidden walnut?

The chicken made the egg or the egg made the chicken?

15. Fossell

Fossell Active Member

It sounded like you'd turned to the dark side for a moment ha! ;-) You do understand the basics of this which some seem to be blind to. But there is more to it that I thought you understood?

16. Michaela

Michaela Member

The secret squirrel is back. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Dr. Sir realizes there are many ways to attempt to pick numbers such that they are the ones which are currently hot, or moving from cold to hot, and also dropping numbers which moving from hot to cold. I've experimented with this too in the past and found that there was no significance difference selecting numbers this way or picking them randomly. But then what do I know, I'm not a "genius" but a "moron".

17. BlueAngel

BlueAngel Active Member

The back of squired secret...

18. mr j

mr j Well-Known Member

self employed

If the shoe fits kid.

19. Toofanexpress

Toofanexpress Member

Why try waking up someone who is pretending to be sleeping, Michaela.

20. TurboGenius

I wouldn't say that - you just don't believe it's possible so it's not worth your time - which is completely fine.
    That's why people who work hard are rewarded while other's aren't. It all plays out as it should.
    As I said though - some day you'll have that moment when it clicks, at such time I won't expect any comments that I was right.
    I however, did not give up. And here we are. We can combat all day about what you failed to see or we can just move on as we should.

IDPA likes this.