1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

    Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Quality Poker Bankroll Management Advice

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Poline Alicia Loni, Jun 1, 2022.

  1. Poline Alicia Loni

    Poline Alicia Loni Member

    Dec 13, 2021
    Is Bankroll Management (BRM) capable?

    In simple language on its basis keeps what your bankroll allows.

    For example you have $ 100 in Poker Stars. Playing a cash game $ 0.25/$ 0.50 is not bankroll management well because you shouldn’t win to prevent your bankruptcy when running that bad shouldn’t get.

    Bankroll management is one, if not the most important thing for a poker player to win. Many players do not disclose interests and then go bankrupt. Most of them are not understood and they will never be lost. But it's OK right? Since that is one of the areas where we are coming.

    How does BRM work?

    It is usually suggested that you deliver a maximum of 5% than the total value of your games. So, if your money is at $ 100, you should give your purchase payment a maximum of $ 5 because it is clearly 5%. If you increase the value of your money to $ 200 then you can add the next purchase to a maximum of $ 10, once more, which is 5% from your total value. On the other hand, if you lose $ 50 you can exceed 10% and after that, you should be proud of yourself and lower the level so that you can generate your wang again.

    Was the limit we had to play?

    Game Cash

    PL & NL Hold'em If you play PL or NL poker, the size of the storages you recommend is 20 times higher than you want to use. This means that if you want to get the best chance of getting $ 0.50/$ 1 playing money there will be a purchase of the standard $ 100, and you should have money of at least $ 2000.

    Hopefully this can help you less in improving your Poker skills.
  2. Gullywin

    Gullywin Member

    Feb 25, 2023
    Bankroll Management (BRM) is an essential aspect of poker and one that can make the difference between winning and losing in the long run. The idea behind BRM is to manage your bankroll effectively so that you don't go broke when you hit a losing streak. As you mentioned, BRM is about playing within your means and not risking too much of your bankroll in any given session.

    To implement BRM, it is suggested that you use a maximum of 5% of your total bankroll for each game you play. So, if you have $100 in your account, you should not risk more than $5 per game. If your bankroll grows, you can adjust your maximum buy-in accordingly. Conversely, if you lose some of your bankroll, you should lower your stakes to avoid going broke.

    In terms of the games you play, the recommended bankroll size varies depending on the type of game. For PL and NL Hold'em, it is suggested that your bankroll is at least 20 times the maximum buy-in for the game. So, for a $0.50/$1 game, you should have a bankroll of at least $2,000 to minimize your risk of going broke.

    Overall, BRM is critical to your success as a poker player. By managing your bankroll effectively, you can avoid going broke and increase your chances of making a profit in the long run. Remember to stick to your BRM plan, even when you are on a winning streak, to ensure that you don't risk too much of your bankroll in any one game.

Share This Page