1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Questions for the Admins

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Criticisms / Problems' started by LarryS, Sep 1, 2016.

1. LarryS

LarryS Compulsive Liar Compulsive Liar

since mdavis says that OAB sent him to this site and he told us as oab's representative that he was suspended for 30 days......since its out in the open and revealed by an agent of OAB(MOST PROBABLY A SOCK OF oab).......can you tell us why he was suspended.

its was obviously for something detrimental to the community....so since we are part of the community..please let us know.

2. OneArmedBandit

OneArmedBandit Active Member

Larry the last time you looked into your skirt did you still have a tampon in your puss?
    The ownership has no obligation to tell you or anyone else of their decisions.
    Why don't you open up your own forum, call it Jacks Den or Alec's Showroom or better yet BarksNest.

3. LarryS

I never said they were obligated..but there is no rule against it. And you did tell us all that there is a 30 day suspension......you opened up the can of worms.....so now live with it

4. OneArmedBandit

OneArmedBandit Active Member

I did say he is suspended until 9/30 that is gospel.
    You on the other hand got your thong in a uproar. You think this is your home when in fact you're the cancer in here.
    Go look in the mirror, you'll see a dwarf who lives in denial.

5. LarryS

you are only here for one day and you know I am a cancer and you have the intellect of OAB.
    you already know I am a cancer.
    you know alot......especially your reference to thousand oaks......you think I have a mailbox there, your think a different poster today has one as well. What a coincidence. 2 different posters obsessed with thousand oaks mailbox.

why dont you tell your friend he owes me 5k.

6. Admin Team

Admin Team Administrators Admins

The temp bans are cumulative, so every temp ban within a 6 month period is always longer than the previous one, with the first one being just a 1 day temp ban. So it's not that he was given a 30 day temp ban for something in particular, it's that he accumulated so many infractions from repeated rule violations and has served so many temp bans in the last 6 months that this latest one is for 30 days. It takes 3 infractions to lead to a temp ban, so this gives you an idea of how many infractions he's accumulated in the last 6 months.

We're pretty lenient with the handing out of infractions and only really do it when a member is overly disruptive. In this most recent case, we had just finished cleaning up a thread by moving all the insulting posts to the Insults Graveyard, and right after we were done, OneArmedBandit posted a new insult in the main thread we had just finished cleaning up, so we gave him an infraction which triggered his next level of temp ban.

We just hand out the infractions and our system automatically keeps track of how many total infractions a member has had in the last 6 months and applies the corresponding temp ban.

The idea of the growing temp bans is for there to be an increasing disincentive to repeat the disruptions. In OneArmedBandit's case, if his latest temp ban was for 1 month, then his next one will be for 2 months, so that should give him pause before disrupting our community again and giving us extra work.

7. LarryS

thanks..that was a good explanation for all ofus to understand.

can you clarify.....is an "infraction" recorded every time a post is moved to another area...like off topic or insult section.

8. Admin Team

No, we give out the infractions manually when someone is being overly disruptive.

9. Junket King

Junket King Well-Known Member Compulsive Liar

ABR Complusive LIAR Management
    Admin, I've sent you two PM's, with no response. what's up?

10. Admin Team

Our apologies. Please make the request public as a new thread in the Feedback forum.

11. Junket King

Why do I have to make my request public, I'll still be associated with the existing posts won't I?

12. Admin Team

For the sake of transparency.

13. LarryS

that is not "transparency".
    It can still be transparent if he priavatrly asks you something, and you think its worth bringing to the "masses"...so you present it. If its a good idea it doesnt matter who thought of it.

And if the person is shy, or wants to avoid getting teased..why cant someone make a private suggestion or comment.

you already put us on notice that people who use the report feature can be exposed by you, even though they are trying to help the community.

But does every comment or suggestion have to be out in the open???

I can see being transparent about reacting to the comments...or bringing them to a vote.

14. Admin Team

Yes, in this case it is. They have made a request about a change to their account that we don't normally grant, so we want feedback from the community (particularly those who know them) before considering this change since the change may lead to confusion.

They can and several members have.

What's the problem with mentioning which users make reports? Helping our community by reporting offenders is a positive, not a negative. We would think that pointing out which members are helpful to the community is a plus. However, if our members are against this, then we won't do it again.

No, and not all have been. But this particular matter is a request we don't normally grant and it can lead to confusion, hence the request for transparency.

15. LarryS

then why have behind the scenes reporting. There is a reason for that. See how many people help you if their name appears as in the "like" field.
    xxxx likes this post
    cccc reported this post.

16. Boz

Boz Well-Known Member

Don't worry, these guys own a lot of forums and are experts in how to run one. They are just new to the Gambling scene. The amount of respect they are gaining in the gambling world will be turning into cash any day now. After all, this site is filled with founding members who are among the most famous in the gambling world. Feel free to read their posts everyday.

17. Junket King

Transparency?? You can't be serious, this web-site is reportedly owned by a dead man by one whois site.

18. Admin Team

Not transparency of our members, but transparency of our actions. We've never asked anonymous members to identify themselves and never will since members have a right to be anonymous and participate here anonymously. For example, we have no idea who you are and you never need to share that with us. However, if you are requesting a change to your account that can lead to confusion in the community, then yes, we ask that you please make that request public so we can hear the feedback from our community before we consider granting that request.

19. Junket King

I'll be damned if I'm requesting approval from members here. My avatar takes care of my request.

Regarding this anonymous stuff and not requesting members to identify themselves, then why have you to blocked the usage of VPN's? In this day and age, they provide a viable use to prevent spam, hacking, I'm thinking in particular of Love Potion who's entire internet presence goes through a VPN, which IMO is a good thing.

20. Admin Team

Then there is no need to make the change you requested and you can change your avatar as often as you like.

We do not allow members to connect via VPN's in order to minimize the number of sock puppets since VPN's are very inexpensive and allow anyone to create virtually unlimited accounts here. Keep in mind that the IP Address of a user does not identify any of their personal details, so it does not reveal their name, age, gender, phone number, address, etc., and only provides a very rough approximation of their location (e.g. within a 10-30 mile radius if even that).

So hiding your IP Address doesn't do much at all in terms of privacy other than hiding your general location and IP Address, and it certainly does not prevent spam or even hacking, yet it allows anyone to create as many multiple accounts as they wish, so we believe the lesser of two evils is to prohibit their use, and our community agrees with us.