1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat QUOTE OF THE DAY

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by soxfan, Feb 22, 2021.

1. soxfan

soxfan Well-Known Member

"TRENDINGS IS BOLLOCKS!!!! JOHN-O

2. Zhang Wei

Zhang Wei Active Member

Who is John-O?

3. Lungyeh

Lungyeh Well-Known Member

So anti trend. Comes to the same thing right? The foundation is to use a trend. Then either bet the trend will continue (trender) or the trend will not continue (anti trend).

Or how does it work in your world?

4. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    JunkitKing

5. Craps

Craps Well-Known Member

There is only one significant difference:
    Pro Trend players will continue playing after win.
    Anti Trend players usually one and done.

Nathan Detroit likes this.
  6. gizmotron

Retired
    You just have to ask yourself how many trends will end on the next hand or spin. Half will end on the next try. But all of the rest will continue at least one more time. Some of them will continue two more times.

You can use magical thinking to hope trends will keep going, like the 2, 1, 2, etc... players do, or you can use math to make up a lame mechanical contraption to exploit the opportunity. But what you should be looking for are simultaneous symbiotic coincidences between multiple swarms of sizes or patterns of trends occurring in close proximity to each other. Before you reject this phenomenon you should ask yourself if you have ever seen this before. If you have not then that should tell you that it is you that should see if it is true or not before rejecting it. Not doing so might end up being an important revelation in your gambling experience that you have missed. It might in fact be the difference in really being able to exploit trends.

That concludes all the lessons in Reading Randomness. I see no point in dragging morons to feast at the public table. All they bring is their crap anyway. So now jump back defensively and dismiss it. You are right to overlook it after all. You already know what you can see and do. I paved the way for you. Nobody else has looked this deep into coincidence with regards to trends. Time to move on.

7. Nathan Detroit

Nathan Detroit Well-Known Member Founding Member

The trend is your friend..............with a proper MM betting series.

Lungyeh and Jimske like this.

8. Jimske

Jimske Well-Known Member Founding Member

Quite right. Until the next perceived trend of course and then one and done again.

9. Jimske

:) I know you always promise to leave and never do but please don't. I know the flight from Jupiter must be a rough one. But keep flying in.

10. Jimske

It's the same. I guess your referring to craps. But once again if you're playing anti trend and win there's no option to make another bet but if you're playing for the trend and win you do have an option of the trend continuing. I'm pretty sure you get that

11. Lungyeh

Soxfan was saying Trendng is bollocks so I am just asking what is in his world..

12. gizmotron

Retired
    I've tried to support trends & patterns. I've done it to death. There's is nothing more to say. Nobody picked up on the Elegant Pattern or the Global Effect. The Reading Randomness thread is a completed work. I've done what I set out to do. Arguing with people is nearly pointless. I'm going deeper into my music. I'm working on doing my own version of this:

13. Nathan Detroit

Nathan Detroit Well-Known Member Founding Member

One gambling gurus opinion on trends : you go either with it , against it, or do nothing .

A very personal decision in regard to trends .

Lungyeh likes this.
  14. Lungyeh

And at one point or another you win or lose depending on what decision you make (except for doing nothing). And whether you win or lose depends on whether you are in the Hot Phase, Shar Chi (Killing Phase) or Neutral Phase.

15. Craps

Craps Well-Known Member

One common thing among gamblers. The mass gamblers who plays with see how it goes mentality swear by reading trends.
    The fleas and rats like me uses predetermined bet selections or templates. We don't care about the on going trends. Entry points is the name of the game for us.

16. Lungyeh

Pray tell your template system Craps. There are no fleas and rats amongst us; no false modesty. We are all here to learn. In my sixth decade of life, I believe still there is much to learn; about baccarat and about the people who play baccarat.

Roubacc likes this.
  17. soxfan

soxfan Well-Known Member

Trendings involve guessing, try to determine future from past event, so illusory and nonsensical. Anti-trends is solid cuz the 1s 2s 3s 4s make up the vast majority of streaks event at the baccarats table. Beside, any bets selections style what incorporate bettings on players side of equation gonna give an inferior strikes rate to simply betting bankers only, hey hey.

18. soxfan

soxfan Well-Known Member

Bbbbwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh, the john-O used to be one of the most serious cats in the joint and always had stuffs and thing to say. His quote regarding trendings was particularly profound, I must say, hey hey.

19. Zhang Wei

Zhang Wei Active Member

I lost more playing anti-trends than playing trends.
    So I do not agree that trendings are nonsense.

My worst games were betting on bankers only.
    That BS is not for me.

Keep it up, soxfan.
    Hope you keep winning most of your sessions.

20. Craps

Craps Well-Known Member

Betting on B only works if you don't go against P. Seriously. Try it with no real $$$ first. You lose very slowly but when long B comes, it's how dare to win you can get.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021