1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker RANDOM CARD GENERATOR- project

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Poker Advice Latest, Oct 9, 2019.

1. There was a report done by some software company that tested, what they called, one of the Major site's algoritms. It kills me that i didn't save this, and have to go by memory. Basically, they stated that it was impossible for an algorithm to provide true randomness, and that they found several faults within the software. One that I remembered was that the algorithm gave the 52nd card an N-1 value and removed it from the shuffle. They said this drastically changed the number of card combinations or possible hands.

They went on further to see if they could create a software program that could allow them to see all the cards on any given online table. They were successful in doing this, since the information at that time was not encrypted. I'm not sure if sites have been using encryption since then. They didn't use this to cheat or make a profit;Only to see if it could be done.

Party on.

Source.

Colette likes this.