1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Roulette Repeaters Test Sheet

Discussion in 'Roulette Forum' started by Bobby, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Bobby

Bobby Member

First the Disclaimer: I'm just letting you into what I have found so far. I in no way shape or form claim that this is the only answer to things, but hopefully people find value in it.

Second, repeaters don't care if they have repeated before or not. There is no hot number or cold numbers, there are just numbers. In a series there will be numbers that appear more often, but when and where that happens is anyone's guess. I like the idea of wagering a single number or a few number looking for repeats.

To test I am using data from 30k live double zero spins from a single wheel.

I'm providing a link to the sheet so that you can mess with it.

I created an adjustable threshold for betting repeats. The threshold is the number of spins between repeats, therefore the number wagers made in an attempt to capture a number.

From there the sheet will calculate wagers, losses and overall profits. What was interesting is that playing you are indeed playing the higher standard deviation numbers more often! Yes! That's great, but it is not enough to overcome the house.

TG says there is a progression that he uses, but I'm missing how that elevates the winners over the losers.

If we follow a number for 24 step after it initially repeats (within 24 steps) @ $25 a bet, we will lose $600. The average win was $619.16, very close, but because of the double zero, our win % was also only 48.21%

Expectation = (48.21% * $619.16) + (51.79% * -$600) = -$12.22

Now we could say, hey let's use a progression to get those winner totals over the losers, but the problem is how do you know when? lol

Column I & J are fun to mess with. I will give you the average spin number of a hit. For example, if the threshold is set to 24 spins, the average hit is happening at 11.21.

Column J is also interesting, well it isn't that interesting, it is expected. It shows what happens on the next spin. For example. Threshold still at 24, maybe you want to know what the average spin count after a number comes in below that threshold.

Finally, there is a small error in sheet and that is how it handles the transitions between numbers, it doesn't count wagers for the last x number of spins. Basically it will artificially inflate the numbers slightly; I would make more precise if my numbers were coming back in the black, which they are not.

If anyone would provide insight on this, especially TG, let me know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3nWqFby_jXGYV94S1FLcEpEb1E/view?usp=sharing

Anyway, hope someone might find this sheet useful.

2. BETJACK

BETJACK Active Member

Great Work ,But
    I Cannot view the link :-(

3. BETJACK

BETJACK Active Member

4. Bobby

Bobby Member

5. Bobby

Bobby Member

I would download and open in Excel...

6. Fossell

Fossell Active Member

Thats a nice looking sheet Bobby! Im no Excel expert but will have a play.
    Isn't it a shame that it looks so much better Google Drive than Excel!

7. Fossell

Fossell Active Member

To clarify what the sheets tracking; Its betting 1 unit on any and all numbers that have repeated twice, waiting for a third hit within (the adjustable) 24 spin threshold?

8. Fossell

Fossell Active Member

So that setting to 1 threshold being the only option to profit. What does that 1 threshold actually do?
    Is it the equivalent of waiting for a repeat back to back then betting on it showing three in a row? Sorry for confusion, Its late here and I'm ill!

9. Fossell

Fossell Active Member

Sorted by spin count but not sure how that 1 threshold can work?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  10. Bobby

Bobby Member

First off, maybe this will help explain the threshold. Theshold is probably the wrong word. It is the amount of times we are willing to bet on a number. If we want to let a number go a whole cycle, we would choose 38.

So result is the number. Since we are playing for numbers to repeat, this was the easiest way track performance.

So 0 hits on spin 14, then again at spin 35, which makes it a repeat that is below our limit which is set at 24. So now we are willing to wager 24 times to hit the number again. Which it does on spin 48, spin 66, spin 88, spin 104... the number is hot! ;)

Finally variance shows up and says no more and the number doesn't arrive for another 40 spins, but we would have stopped wagering at spin 24, which where the -600 comes from. Overall the number 0 would have made 1,275 units from spin 35 to spin 144.

Repeaters_30k_Spins.png

Threshold of a 1 is crazy b/c it is a number land three times in a row. A number repeats in one spin, then lands again!

eugene likes this.
  11. Fossell

Fossell Active Member

Gotcha. And thought so on the 1 threshold. So the triples are the only ones that profit throughout, ha!

12. Bobby

Bobby Member

probably not... I'm sure it was just variance and small sample size b/c it is so rare of an event for that overall spin count.

13. Fossell

Fossell Active Member

True true. Give me a mail bobby. Maybe have some suggestions for tweaking in the right direction.