1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Spent the Day Playing WSOP.com And Won!

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by VegasGalPoker, Feb 16, 2015.

1. VegasGalPoker

VegasGalPoker Active Member Lineage to Founders

When the video poker gods aren't kind to me, I play poker tournaments, usually online. Today I spent all day playing against the usual suspects at the WSOP. I had a $200 ticket for the Sunday $15K guarantee. I had no intention to rebuy or add on, so I bought in just before the add on period and hoped for the best. I didn't add on; in fact few if any did.

After I don't know how many hours I finished in 13th for $349.xx. WOW! This was a first for me. I've won tickets to this game before and lost early, every time. Bought into the $30 rebuy...rebought 1 time and added on. Finished near the bubble. I was disappointed, but not surprised. I often finished on or near the bubble.

So, I entered the $1,250 guarantee $10 buy in. And came in 2nd! Finally! A finish about which I am really proud! I often threaten to play poker tourneys when I get tired of chasing video poker progressives (and sitting next to the person who hits them). These cashes today are reaffirming that I ought to do just that, instead of obsessing over those VP progressives.

I've been reading some of the posts on the forum and they have rekindled my love for poker. Thanks, al for starting this forum with your partners and for inviting me!

Leon Macfayden and jackie finlay like this.
  2. TEACH (AlSpath)

TEACH (AlSpath) Active Member Founding Member

Poker Instructor
    Nice work, but credit is to them, I don't own anything here, just a huge contributor, wanting my material to be read and used, so glad it helped.

VegasGalPoker, Anders Ek and TOO2COO like this.