1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Starting to Play Again, Freerolls have changed

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by TheBigFinn, Jun 6, 2021.

1. TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn Guest

I had been playing $1/$2 live pre-pandemic and just messing around with on line play, mainly on America's Card Room. I have three observations comparing today with play from two years ago.

1. There are less free rolls and they have more players.
    2. The prizes are smaller. Getting into the money is paid in pennies.
    3. There are many more bingo players. Players who will shove with most anything with over 30 BBs behind.

This happened to me twice Saturday. Both times I dutifully folded my suited connectors and medium pairs waiting as I watched players shove every other hand with over 30 BBs. Sometimes they were called and lost and other times they would win. Often the replacement was another bingo player. It seemed like any Queen was good enough. This really isn't poker, is it?

I lost both times with AQ once suited and once off, losing to Axo and 44.

I think this type of play is enougerage by the low payoffs and big fields. The philosophy seems to be shove and get lucky, or go home quickly. One of yesterday's free rolls was the Saturday Cards Chat. I don't recall the CardsChat free rolls playing that way two years ago,

It has only been a couple of weeks, so my sample size is small. Is this the way it is going to be? Is the plan to wait for AA, KK, QQ, and AKs? With the blinds rising and no guarantee you'll be called, it seems like a bad strategy to me.

Source