1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Suited connectors hitting flush

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Psyanide14, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Psyanide14

Psyanide14 Guest

Hey all. I notice watching poker and reading poker that a lot of players play suited connectors, especially in position and no big raises in front. I’m talking from about 78 to 10J.

My question is if you make your flush, how worried should you be that someone else has hit a higher flush with say Ax? It seems better to make a straight instead (providing no other flush possibilities out there).

And how about if you hit your flush on the flop. Are you afraid a fourth card will hit and someone only needs a high card to have you beat.

Suggestions? Thanks.

Source.

2. TEACH (AlSpath)

TEACH (AlSpath) Active Member Founding Member

Poker Instructor
    If you play those cards in position and limpers in front of you, don't be afraid to raise and eliminate a few other bigger draws. You can't be risk aversive and worry about another suited card coming, but you can manage the pot on the flop, and then when a clean card turns, up the bet to make the odds in your favor should someone want to pay to stay for the fourth suited card.
    64spades promo.png

Colette likes this.