1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Roulette That day my son almost blew 4 million $ - lol

Discussion in 'Roulette Forum' started by TurboGenius, Jun 10, 2017.

1. TurboGenius

TurboGenius Well-Known Member Founding Member

Self proclaimed Theoretical Philosopher
    I had to share this - because it just happened and looking back on it, I can laugh about it.
    I don't talk about my personal life on forums but I'll make the exception this time.

I'm playing on Parx - doing fine... I decide to take a break and go outside for a smoke. The wheel won't spin until I click "SPIN" so it's ok. I grab my phone and go outside.
    As I'm smoking - I hear my son inside laughing. He's a teenager and has autism - not severe but bad enough that he can't do many things on his own and doesn't communicate at all with others... enough about that.
    I don't think anything of it - my phone rings and it's a friend of mine so we start talking... 10 minutes later I go back inside and wander back to my desk.....
    My wife is sitting on the couch and my son is planted in my office chair pointing to the screen of my computer and saying "purple ! purple ! purple !" She says "Yep, he's your kid alright"
    So I get over there and look - he's putting $2,000.00 chips on 1,2,4,5 and on the quad bet - all piled up on them like some nightmarish progression from hell that makes no sense lol $40,000.00 per spin going down the tubes for the whole time I was outside..... my bankroll "was" 4.1 million and was now just barely over 1 million.
    Facepalms... people with autism love anything that spins and there was "purple" his favorite color.
    So I figured at this point why bother, it's over - I'm done. I just smiled and said "keep going, why not..."
    My wife chimes in (supposedly doing her best "Sir Anyone" impression..) "It's just a game"
    And then the 1, 4 and 5 start hitting... Maybe it's not over yet lol. Now I'm watching my kid play 40k at a time on numbers that don't mean anything and having fun doing it.
    He ended with back to back 2's and put me back at 3.83 million
    Then I politely said "Go play with your toys" and he got up and gave me a hug.
    I had to screen grab it - the moral of this story probably is A) Use a screen saver with a lock/password or B) When you really don't care what happens and don't understand the game at all - you can still end up winning almost 3 million because "purple is cool and the spinning wheel is fun to watch".
    [​IMG]

"Last spin won $549,000.00" lol - classic.

trellw24, Sputnik and Fossell like this.
  2. mr j

mr j Well-Known Member

self employed
    Yep, I've seen it before. I'm clearly the smartest guy at the table (yes, I am bragging).....I go home down 6k. The lady next to me loves anything red/low....she goes home a winner. Oh well.......

Ken

3. Fossell

Fossell Active Member

Mate! I love this! Sheer horror!!! But with a warm fuzzy kinda ending. BIG admiration for a well handled situation.

It seems we have a new 'Genius' on our hands. A chip of the old block it seems ;-)

Reminds me of this -

Young Turbo is Roulette THUG through and through, haha!

(On a side note: Have you tried the new spinner craze with Young Turbo. My kids nuts for them along with fidget cubes! Keep him spinning but not on the wheel ;). My partners bro also has autism and learning difficulties. Guess what I'm giving hm a go off next time I see him. You never know!)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    TurboGenius likes this.
  4. TurboGenius

TurboGenius Well-Known Member Founding Member

Self proclaimed Theoretical Philosopher
    Love that cat video lol

Yes - anything that spins. When he was little it was the ceiling fans or anything really that spins.
    He loves the spinners too - it seems to help him focus at least. I've heard that's common with autism so your gift is probably a really good idea ! Anything that works. I have two other kids - they know "never touch dad's computer" - lol. But he doesn't, if he does then he doesn't care - he doesn't understand that it took me MONTHS to build that balance up to where it was. It was ok though, I didn't even get mad. I stopped getting mad at stuff a long time ago lol.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  5. mr j

mr j Well-Known Member

self employed
    Turbo Junior on Parx. A little father/son time >>

th?id=OIP.4-Tfo6zboUiWHgTFDD5TtgC7Es&w=116&h=171&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.2&pid=1.jpg

TurboGenius likes this.
  6. Neal Pace

Neal Pace Member

Stack em' high!! Great story, I like how to him it was harmless fun and you still didn't get mad about it.

This was free play though right?!

7. BlueAngel

BlueAngel Active Member

If it wasn't then he would be really mad! LOL