1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Forex The Difference between the Prevailing Trend Vs Current Trend

Discussion in 'Forex Forum' started by genghistar, Feb 28, 2015.

1. genghistar

genghistar Guest

During the course of my free times reading thru some of the threads in this Forum, I discovered that almost 99% of the traders here have very little understanding or virtually no knowledge at all on the Difference between Prevailing Trend and Current Trend which is the Vital and most critical Element between an Accomplished successful Trader and a Struggling failing one. Some seasoned trader had briefly mentioned it and in almost all the cases I have read so far, none of them have expended on this topic let alone understand it and in almost all the cases, they all invariably fall back on their understanding of the Prevailing Trend which is of course the easier to understand of the twos and dismiss the other half as simply Noises as in all the other trading books and courses. I strongly believe that is the main reason why 99% of the currency trader fail to make it.
    I wish to share some of my understandings in this forum but being a trader myself Time is the most precious commodity which I always dont seem to have enough of it. And in all honesty, how do I go about sharing what I know without any sense or feeling of condescension or haughtiness and other ignoble intentions ? This is the reasons why I am hestitant in starting this thread lest I got misunderstood and at the same time wishing to really help those targetted and really deserving and genuine traders out there. Mabbe some ideas and suggestions from those interested to actually teach me the best way forward before I proceed any further.....

Ideas and suggestions please before I change my mind.......

GS

Source.

2. Diego San

Diego San Member

During normal market conditions, there is typically no slippage. The main time slippage turns into an issue is when economic news is released. Such occasions lead to higher instability than expected, and slippage may happen when markets move excessively quick. At the point when slippage occurs, a trader winds up paying more than the quoted spread. For instance, if the quoted spread for the EUR/USD is 2 pips and the trader gets slipped an extra 2 pips, the entire expense for the transaction becomes 4 pips.