1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Roulette The Law of the third and the "gut"

Discussion in 'Roulette Forum' started by Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone Well-Known Member Lineage to Founders

Shoe Cobbler
    Why do system players naively believe that past spins have an effect on future spins?

If the same number of numbers remain on the wheel from one spin to the next, then how could such a system stand a chance in hell of working?

TurboGenius likes this.
  2. TurboGenius

TurboGenius Well-Known Member Founding Member

Self proclaimed Theoretical Philosopher
    Grins.
    Simple..
    Because "random" produces patterns and those patterns can be exploited.

3. albalaha

albalaha Active Member Founding Member

player
    And these patterns can be identified and future patterns can be seen and correctly predicted by clairvoyant guys and guys with precognition and other supernatural powers like Turbogenius. Unfortunately, that won't work for a guy with a sane mind. What a pity!!!

.............. In fact, guys with a sane mind has lesser probability to think of gambling as a viable option to earn livelihood. Mostly those gambling have the belief to get those supernatural powers one day.

4. TurboGenius

TurboGenius Well-Known Member Founding Member

Self proclaimed Theoretical Philosopher
    Why do you start with "and" and keep typing your nonsense as if I was the one saying it ?
    I never said any of that.
    It's math - not supernatural powers. Here in the US we learn math from preschool through 12th grade and sometimes beyond. If 13+ years of education is enough to give someone superpowers - I would be impressed.

5. EKAPS

EKAPS Member Founding Member

I never met anybody who believes that a past spin can effect a future spin, how
    would that be possible. I know people who use past spins as a guide, to help them make
    the next bet. But that's entirely different than a past spin effecting a future spin, the
    ball has a very bad memory.

6. albalaha

player
    Actually there are many fallacy mongers spread across various forums who claim to have knowledge of mathematics too but they propagate methods that works upon past spins with the misconception that it will be a better bet. GUT is just one among them.
    No bet is better or worse, all are random with random results and could be very volatile in a playable small session and in long run, they have the same fate as any other.

7. EKAPS

Using a past spin to base a bet on is not saying past spins have an effect on future spins. Past spins may effect your judgement, but they have no influence over the future spins themselves. That's impossible.

8. albalaha

player
    Exactly,
    You can decide your bet on past spins but they will be as much random as they can be. There is no inherent edge associated with such bet selection. You can feel many patterns forming in a random sequence but that is not exploitable in any manner. That is like a blind man leading myopic people across a busy road.

9. EKAPS

Wrong. I started a thread Lets Have a Contest that challenges this fallacy. Check it out. Here's your chance to be right.

10. Rona

Rona Active Member

"Patterns"
    I remember this word from the GG forums. IIRC the guy who claimed he could "read patterns" was called Spike!
    Anyone know where is he now?

11. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone Well-Known Member Lineage to Founders

Shoe Cobbler
    Yes, he's Evenbob on the wizardofvegas forum.

12. EKAPS

What you mean is they can't be exploited by YOU. Just because you have no idea how to do it doesn't mean others have not figured it out. You have a very limited way of thinking, like you live in a box or something.