1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Misc The VCT Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Gambling Forum' started by Karen Nathan, Sep 23, 2019.

This is a Designated Unrestricted Area and is moderated more lightly and may therefore contain more offensive language. Reader beware.
  1. Mickey Crimm

Mickey Crimm Well-Known Member

Comrade, you should contact these people and straighten them out about Expected Value in Sportsbetting.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=plus+ev+in+sportsbetting

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  2. Mickey Crimm

duplicate

3. Mickey Crimm

Why do the big names in Sportsbetting talk about "beating the closing line?" Or "beating the betting market" but don't talk about "opinion." The constant among them is they say you can't beat sports betting if you can't beat the closing line. It seems to me that beating the closing line is not about opinion, it's about laying less points than the market or getting more points than the market.

4. redietz

redietz Well-Known Member

Mickey, you don't even know the "big names in sports betting." You don't know the top 10 guys in terms of betting volume. You don't know the top 10 handicappers lifetime. You don't know or haven't met the top 10 bettors in terms of lifetime winning. You haven't spoken to them; you haven't competed against them; you haven't interacted with people who know a bunch of them. You haven't run a cartel with 50K per game wagers; you haven't been put in situations where your EV jargon misrepresented reality as a math formula and then failed. And then -- LOL -- have had to explain why it wasn't really a math formula. And then tried to not wind up in a hole in the desert.

I mean, do I have to hit you over the head with this stuff? If the people running sports books didn't want the public to adopt stock market jargon, they wouldn't use it. If it didn't help the sports book cause, they wouldn't use it.

If a Chinese billionaire's son shows up in Las Vegas next week and decides to bet teams wearing blue uniforms, your "market" estimations are all junk. Have you done the actual work to see if "market moves" are how correct for what sport? You realize that any given day/week/season "the market" itself could act as a reverse tout?

More importantly, what makes you think you understand the realities of sports betting more than a Billy Walters? Or me, for that matter? Talk about hubris. I mean, holy hell, can you imagine me walking into the world of machine gambling with a tad of understanding and a few probability classes and a flimsy 80-hours-a-year experience and deciding I know better than you because I have...what? Great insights, rare genius, an understanding beyond those of mortal men?

I called this "AP" bullshit five years ago. As AP opportunities faded and sports betting expanded, we were going to see APs decide they were sports winners and all you had to do was follow the market, beat "soft lines," track injuries, etc. LOL. Predictable as hell.

5. redietz

Note:

I bet Rihanna to show cleavage at -400. "The market" is now -600. I done good, according to mickey. I feel much better about the wager now. I have positive "EV."

6. redietz

Note:

I stepped out and bet Rihanna to have clear/no eye shadow color. I am waiting for the "market" to tell me whether I am +EV.

7. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

attorney at law (retired)
    /DUELLING BULLSHITTERS

Singer: "I won $1.5 M on one pull of a VP machine."

Santos: " I won $10M playing Go Fish."

Singer: "I have a nine inch cock."

Santos: "My cock is so long i have to fold it a few times to fit it in my pants."

Singer: "I used to work for the State dept.; I could tell you what I did but then I'd have to kill you."

Santos: "I own three countries."

Singer: "I sold a Newell to a mysterious Israeli."

Santos: "Israel is one of the countries I own."

Singer: "I am a well-respected, important gambling personality."

Santos: " I am a well-respected, important politician."

8. Mickey Crimm

But I'm trying to learn. This is a gambling forum. You are a professional sports bettor. Please tell us:

Who are the big names in sports betting?

Who are the top ten guys in betting volume?

Who are the top ten handicappers of all time?

9. Mickey Crimm

I've never heard a bookie use the term "Expected Value." Have you? Who was it? And when?

10. Mickey Crimm

I never said I understand the realities of sports betting, much less better than anyone else. Strawman/false premises are not needed here.

Machine gambling? You've already stated you are a one trick pony (sports betting) and are not versatile enough to master another form of gambling. I'll take your word for it.

11. Mickey Crimm

What AP opportunities have faded? It just keeps getting better and better in my neck of the woods. Poker is going strong. Blackjack seems to be doing well. I haven't heard a peep from AP's talking about they need a new gig, and that sports betting should be easy to beat. More false premise.

When I first started in gambling there were people that told me I didn't have a chance; I was going to get my heart broken; I was a fool; I'll wind up with my tail tucked between my legs. I didn't listen. But that's what you are telling people now. Sad.

12. Mickey Crimm

Bump, Redietz

Who are the big names in sports betting?

13. RobSinger

RobSinger Active Member

Other than redietz continuing to make a fool of himself on VCT....I'm going to bring up another humiliating issue on his little buddy, but only over here, in a very merciful and thoughtful move.

As I posted earlier, last evening and on our "way back" from a great trip to Northern New Mexico for the week, Cindy & I took several local couples we're friends with, to the Circus Circus Steakhouse.

Although kew and his baby bro claimed, with VIGOR, that they dared me to tell them the same things I say about them here directly to their faces, AND I GOT UP NUMEROUS TIMES TO GO OUT FOR LOOK-SEES, neither of these cowards showed.

While most would say "C'mon man....really....what were the chances?"---I simply filed it away in the same sorry drawer as Druff chickening out of meeting me when I was in that same town, max being too cowardly to face me in Az., and redietz turning yellow when the Maine meeting got real.

And these people publicly say they don't believe my resources or my background.....

14. redietz

I required members of your immediate family to sign up for the interview in advance before I'd make the trip. Their participation had to be verified by zoom or phone call. I made that clear many times.

You never confirmed any of your immediate family were available, much less scheduled a zoom or phone call for me to personally verify they would be available for an on-camera interview.

If you want to be interviewed regarding your alleged million-plus jackpot, the opportunity still exists. Just recruit multiple family members who are willing to be videotaped regarding the big win for posterity. I will then verify their participation in the potential videotaping. I will confirm their live interview participation via a recorded phone call or zoom (all zoom is recorded, actually, by zoom itself). Then I'll meet you (plural) in person for the interviews.

Same rules as before.

I'm going to pass this on to your wife, daughter, and sister so I can't be accused of not informing them of their interview opportunity.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023

15. Mickey Crimm

Why won't you answer these questions? YOU are the one to say you know. What are you hiding?

Who are the top ten names in sportsbetting?

16. RobSinger

RobSinger Active Member

In addition to your deflecting away from mickey's simple questions for such a "high-profile" sports bettor....

You were told numerous times that my wife was with me. Is that not "immediate family"? In retirement, wives travel across country with husbands....if they don't first commit suicide, that is.

Certainly, she intimidated you by being there.

And what kind of moron would "require" that "immediate family" be present anyway? What an idiot But you're from Mars, aren't you. I'm the star of the show, and I'M primo when it comes to little people like you.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  17. redietz

I need to verify in advance, via Zoom or phone call with those family members, that multiple family members will be available for interviewing. Very simple. And I stated that up front and clearly months ago. I need to verify directly with those family members that they will participate in the on-camera interviews.

As I said, I will pass this along directly to them so there is no question what was and is required for me to do the interviews.

I've been rock steady consistent on this, always requiring the same thing, as I would require of anyone claiming to have won a jackpot/lottery/massive sports bet.

I'm planning on hiring a documentary filmmaker as the camera person. He's currently involved with various projects, including a project with IHEARTRadio that has already taped a couple of shows.

18. RobSinger

RobSinger Active Member

You're so full of it. You never made this stupid "requirement" until after I accepted your offer to "meet me anywhere in the US for an interview on the big VP win". Look it up.

And why would ANYBODY ever expect our adult son and/or daughter to be with us on an extended trip across country to go on the Maine Lobster Crawl. What an idiot.

It appears you tossed all integrity and dignity aside ever since Coach annihilated you.

Add it up--simple MATH: 1+1=2

19. MDawg

MDawg Well-Known Member

Lawyer, Businessman
    Hilariously hypocritical as always, UNKewlJ spouts off today with a Because you don't like someone, it is not ok, to make shit up to try to discredit them.

KewlJ_hypocrite.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  20. Blackhole

Blackhole Active Member

It’s amazing reading how you’re trying to sliver your way back into any controversial conversation, not only on this thread but at VCT. Your recent withdrawals must be driving you crazy.

Your continued behavior is just additional confirmation of how much of a lonely played out loser you sadly became.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    oopsididitagain likes this.