1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Join our $5,000 Cash Giveaway!

Win Cash by Posting and Inviting New Members!
  3. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play sub-forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Craps Thoughts on this modest strategy

Discussion in 'Craps Forum' started by caheaton, Mar 2, 2020.

1. caheaton

caheaton New Member

Hello. I have a trip to Biloxi coming up and through trial and error have come up with a simple strategy that seems to offer a way to play for quite a while while offering modest gains with relatively little risk (unless there's a string of losses on comeout, which could damage any strategy....).

My plan is to place minimum place bets ($5 & $6) on the 5, 6, 8 and 9. On the come out I'll likely leave these bets on. After the point is made, I'll leave the bets in place until 3 rolls have been made (including the initial point). If any hits occur, the bet will be pressed. After 3 rolls all bets are taken down and no further bets are placed until the next come out roll, then the cycle repeats. A modification of this could be to include a place bet (without odds) to hedge against a come out 7 to limit my losses. (As I think about it, this may be a better way to go....).

Initial buy in will be modest, around $300 ~ $500.

So, what do you guys think? I like this as it will work on any table, including crapless tables and is quite simple to implement. It does have the disadvantage of not profiting off of long rolls, but will offer modest gains with the presses. On the other hand taking down the bets protects me on lukewarm tables....

2. ehtelgaeb

ehtelgaeb New Member

This appears to be as good as anything else I've seen. Most rolls are in the 3-5 range so you are protecting yourself against those sort of rolls. You obviously will get hit on Point, 7 out or Point, Number, 7 out or Point, number, number, 7 out.

I don't understand your "place bet without odds to hedge against a come out 7. Do you mean a Don't Pass bet? If you are talking about a Don't Pass bet to go along with your place bets, then I think that might be okay too, but a Don't Pass loses to a come out 7. I would not recommend a Pass bet along with a Don't Pass bet (Doey-Don't) as you are actually increasing the house odds against you doing that.

3. caheaton

caheaton New Member

Actually, I was thinking of a pass line bet to protect me against a come out 7 (since my place bets are on). Of course, I could just leave them off I suppose....or just place the bets following the point getting established. I figured it would protect me against a hot shooter who rolls a couple of 7's on the begin of his roll. Of course, as you said a don't pass bet could be equally effective. It would give me a partial reimbursement should the player 7 out (at the cost of the come out 7), while also offering the occasional win when a craps is rolled. Probably a wash either way. Will have to try a few variations and see which one I enjoy most.

4. Chip Magnet

Chip Magnet New Member

You may last longer, but if you take your bets down after three rolls, you will eventually miss the monster roll.

If you hedge the place bets with a DP on the come out, and the seven rolls, you lose your place bets and the DP.

I never work a place bet after a seven. They say the dice have no memory, but I’ve been burned by too many back to back to back sevens to make me a believer. I’ve seen seven in a row twice.

I also never make a Don’t side bet after a seven or eleven is rolled, for the same reason.