1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Poker video poker computer

Discussion in 'Video Poker Forum' started by petespin, May 18, 2015.

1. petespin

petespin Member

hi i think you ll found enough interersting my story back in time here in greece my country , so there was a computer which could 'predict' the next card[high-low] in double up feature ,this also shows that these days the results were predetermined by rng , well if you dont see it with your own eyes you wont believe it , it was really amazing , now you tell me was illegal , yes it was, but think is it legal to lose all the time ; now if you want hear how it functioned , i can say was a bit complicated and required well, iq above normal to handle it but it was a real money machine !! best regards pete

2. Dan Paymar

Dan Paymar Active Member Founding Member

Retired computer programmer
    In the early days of the Double Up feature, there was a bug in the machine's firmware that allowed a knowledgeable player to guess the card to pick over 60% of the time. Perhaps your computer was taking advantage of that programming fault. If so, it's now useless because that bug has been fixed. But I find it extremely doubtful if it's trying to predict what a random number will be.

3. petespin

petespin Member

basically it was arcade poker machine , and still there are some ! but the beautiful thing is that can predict a hundrend precent, and not for 60 as u claim , no guess work , just a sure thing ,never fails....

4. petespin

petespin Member

dan ,u re right when u said about was easy to guess the next card in double-up game , in fact the only thing u had to do is to wait for a sequence to reapeat like lets say HLHLHL or HHHLLL, do u know what s the procedure at new tech video pokers d-up feature; i dont really think its predetermined like those days , nowdays i think when u push the button machine decides to pay u or not . is that correct;

5. Dan Paymar

Dan Paymar Active Member Founding Member

Retired computer programmer
    It probably depends upon where you are. If you're in Nevada or a very few other venues where video poker is mandated to be a true game of chance with cards dealt completely at random such that every unseen card always has equal probability of appearing then the outcome is determined by a random shuffle of the deck before the first card is dealt and by your choice of which cards to hold or which card to select for the Double Up. But if you're in New York or other state where the machines are really just lottery terminals then you can just throw probability calculations out the window. Most lotteries are only 50% payback, a far cry from the 95% to 101% on Nevada video poker.

6. rakisseia

rakisseia New Member

Video Poker Computer...its really a amazing game for online gambling.

7. Neal Pace

Neal Pace Member

Still no sub for the real live game though, I miss my live game playing days!! Still play Poker at OJO but not as much as when I was a student and life was all about pizza and beer!!

8. anniejulien

anniejulien New Member

video poker game really interesting to play in computer.