1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Was this played badly?

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Poker Advice Latest, Oct 23, 2019.

1. I was playing the WSOP Circuit main event in Chicago and after I busted and my friends asked what happened, I got slammed. My question is how should I have played it or was my play just a poker miss?

Ok so we were in the money. The average stack was 280k and the blinds were 3k/6k/6k. There were 117 left out of 1065. I was BB and had a stack of 192k after having lost approximately 75k in a hand about 8 hands ago(non relevant information (I think)).

I get dealt A(d) 6(c) on the bb. UTG + 1 (aggressive big stack) makes it 15k to go and it folds around to me. I flat and see a flop of 2(h) 5(d) 6(d). After flopping top, top I decide to check. My opponent fires out 27k and I decide to flat it to see the 7(d). I then shove my 150k into the middle. My opponent tanks forever and calls with 8(d) 8(h). The river is 9(h) and I brick out and lose to his straight (8,8 was obviously enough).

Advice anywhere is accepted but my true question is should I have checked the turn and then what? Fold if he c bets? Would he have checked the turn?

Source.