1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Lottery What to do with $80 million?

Discussion in 'Lottery Forum | Lotto Forum' started by TT Swindlehurst, Apr 8, 2019.

1. TT Swindlehurst

TT Swindlehurst New Member

If you won an $80 million lottery, would you just spend whatever you wanted or use your money to help your local community?

2. Terroruser

Terroruser New Member

Since 80m is quite a lot I would use like 40-50m for my local community, maybe give out 5-10m and live with the rest.. sounds fair enough

3. georgiarivero

georgiarivero New Member

Winning $80m is surely a blessing that I might want to share with others, especially my family and those in need. However, I think I would only do so once I have already bought or set aside money for myself.

$80 is definitely a lot of money that requires careful consideration and planning. I do not want to end up like other winners whose pot money came and went by too fast.

From a Lotterycodex post, there’re insightful ideas on what to do when you win the jackpot.

First is to secure the safety of your ticket right after you have bought it. Sign the ticket, but leave some space in case you later decide that a trust fund claim your prize later. It would not be a good idea to put the ticket in your shirt or pants pocket because you might forget that it is there.

If you discover that you have won, it would also be best to keep quiet about it although you’d want to tell others about it. Experts advise that you do what you usually do, but I doubt I could calm myself upon hitting the jackpot.

Hiring professionals that can help claim, manage and grow my winnings is important. After all, I do have a lot of things in mind that I want to do once have the money. Without guidance and solid plan, I might splurge and waste my money away.

I would consult with an expert about my plans on spending the money, such as buying properties, starting a business, investing on stocks and more. After all, these activities might involve some tax or legal implications that only a professional could help me with.

4. johnson115

johnson115 New Member

Thankyou for sharing.