1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback What's with the excessive moderation?

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Criticisms / Problems' started by mron, Mar 3, 2018.

1. mron

mron Member

New member here. For some reason my second post has been "waiting for moderation" for almost 2 days now. First post showed up right away. Also, this board does not allow PMs to be sent to Admin or anyone.
    Can you tell me when someone will get around to "clearing" my post? And whether this is the normal practice here? This is not looking like a particularly welcoming place.

2. Admin Team

Admin Team Administrators Admins

As a protection against Spam, new members get auto-moderated when posting links.

If you don't post links, then your posts won't get auto-moderated.

The Moderation queue is simply too large for us to go through all the auto-moderated posts since there are literally thousands of Spam posts in the queue which only keeps on growing. That should give you an idea of just how much Spam we receive and why this measure is necessary. As the #1 Gambling Forum on the internet, we are the #1 target for Spammers.

Feel free to post a direct link to your post for us to have a look at it and approve it if it's not Spam. Otherwise, it probably when get checked by us due to how large the Moderation queue currently is.

3. mron

mron Member

4. mron

mron Member

So here's a good one. I posted a reply noting that the post I referred to did not include any links, so the explanation given was not accurate. As you asked, I included a link to the post in question. But now that reply is ALSO WAITING FOT MODERATION. WTF?????

5. Admin Team

Admin Team Administrators Admins

It included a link to another user's profile. That's why your subsequent post without that link did not get auto-moderated.

Yes, but we can still see it, that's how we were able to see the thread in question and approve your post in question.

6. mron

mron Member

Sorry for all the trouble Admin. Have just never seen such restrictions on other boards.