1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Forex Where to find current forex news?

Discussion in 'Forex Forum' started by Newstart08, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Newstart08

Newstart08 Guest

There were several sites that had forex news that wasn't hours old..The days before Dodd/Frank. Example: it is 11:15 PM 6/10. The EUR/USD just shot up over 30 pips and retracted about 25 in 30 seconds. and the pair is climbing. I will have to wait 4 to 6 hours for any news on this event. It seems all the Forex news is old and rehashed. It is almost impossible to garner any information that would help in trading. When the news is current it is a general discussion and usually says nothing helpful. Do I want trading help/answers ? NO..I would like to read articles with researched information that could give a clue to the currencies next direction. I have collected pertinent articles over the last 6 years and organize them in repeating actions. I.E. I have all the dairy quotes and the reactions to percentages and exports. Think an 8% change will drive up the Kiwi? You bet..unless Japan has an earthquake or China a flood..What was the effect on currency and what pairs benefitted or not.
    It takes some work to track a currency. However I rarely have a failed trade with Kiwi or AUD. I have found most currency moves in a continual pattern with predictable speed bumps. Most brokers are afraid to give speculation based on prior trends. I get that. However, I can't believe news reporters wouldn't educate traders of the possibilities of cause and effect. As I said New Zealand and Austraila are the currencies I have tracked with great success. It would be nice to read something on other pairs that is backed up with some history. It took me 6 years to develop my histories and cost LOTS of bucks. Finally I had made every mistake I could and had the reasons for the failed trades. My first large trade happened last October using all my "notes". The trade seemed opposite of all the reports but I had the scenario recorded from 2 years prior. So I bought 100 lots put a 140 pip stop and didn't look for 6 days..actually 8 as I ran into a weekend. The experts said "trend down" I bought a buy and got a 135 pip gain on a 100 lots. THEN I did a sell. That's all..

Source.