1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat Why I turned into Parlay

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by Garfield, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Garfield

Garfield Active Member

So, when I decided to play bac again after hurtful experience a few years ago, I want to approach this game like never before... 'cause Einstein said doing same things expecting different results is insanity...

I could sum my fault back then were:

1. Chasing losses
    This include up my bet when losing. Imho,this is a form of chasing losses which many said is the wrong thing to do. And due to this, I dared to put a BIG bet when losing, but sadly didn't dare to bet big when in winning streak.

When losing, I bet 1-2-5-10 etc which the unit getting bigger and bigger. But when I won, let's say I won when betting 10u, then the following bet will be reduced back to 1u.

This is silly

2. Grinding when winning
    When I'm up, let's say 5u, I would end the session. Many times the trend/pattern/consistency was right there that even the blind man could see. But because I've set my frame of mind to "stop win" or quit when ahead with the theory that the longer you play the more risk you might face, I quit anyway.

I don't say that this is bad to do, but somehow I don't fit this way.

So, now I'm doing the opposite. Probably would end up the same after 'long run', but trying to keep the spirit alive LoL.

The difference I noticed:
    a. Shorter length of play. I could double my buy-in in less than an hour.
    b. Play more relaxly. Not so worried when I had 4-5 LIAR, cause I still have chances to catch up even ahead when I have 3 WIAR or 2 WIAR x 2
    c. BS more flexible and not dictated by any method at all. This is important cause many times I had conflict between the method and what I saw happening in the shoe.

I'm trend follower, whatever it is, or wherever it happens. In main road, bead plate, even the derived roads, or simply following the winning side.

My parlay is still not optimized, but I'm trying to fix it. It's not that easy to have 4-5 WIAR, but 2-3 is more doable and happens more frequently.

Usually when I win, 1-2, then could be 4 if I'm already won more than 50% of my buy in, or stay at 2u the flat bet it until lose, or revert to 1 when trying to cut or else.
    My buy-in only 16u, and so far it's enough for me.

My way might not be the best according to math or probability law or whatever it is, but it suits me, and finally I could enjoy playing bac again.

2. Ordinary_people

Ordinary_people Active Member

About chasing losses, scare when win to save the winning and conflict between method and what we see, i feel that a lot from my experience gambling. I think thats one of the main problem main gambler. When i think thats not good.

I just want to make sure. Maybe silly question.

Whats LIAR and WIAR ?

4 WIAR mean 4 streak in a row like BBBB ?

And you say your BS is flexible not dictated in any method but you are a trend follower. Not suppose that is not flexible ?

If chop BPBPB. You bet next is P.

When BBPPB. You bet next is B

When PPPP. You bet next is P

CMIIW. Thanks

3. Garfield

Garfield Active Member

Ordinary : Lose In A Row and Win In A Row
    4 WIAR could come from following streaks 2 times, then wait several hands, then betting chop 2 times, or all from streaks, or all from chops. Subsequently or not, the goal is hoping to get WIAR.

It takes patience, and it's hard to fight the urge of betting every hands. That's a habit one need to develop.

You guess it correctly, if those 3 pattern appears I will follow ofc. It might work, and might not work.

But not every time a pattern show and I follow it right away.... let's say the shoe tends to stay after a natural... So after PbP with the last P is a natural, I might bet P for the next.

There isn't any fixed method, cause I think something 'fixed' is one of the cause that trap so many players...

I hope you understand...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  4. Garfield

Garfield Active Member

I agree with Gizmo's theory of focusing on small section of the shoe, where you could hope to get some consistency.

I might try to get 2 chops from main road, and 3 from each derived roads. Because chop and streak WILL happen, more than once in every shoe.

I also like to made a plan according to what showed. Let's say it's hand 35. In my mind, i made a plan if the 36th is X, I will bet Y on 37th.

For me it's a way to reanalyze your BS when things didn't go accordingly. So I might wait for a several hands.

And I develop a habit to NOT betting every hand. It's a skill one need to develop, cause I know how hard to fight the urge to bet every hand.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  5. CarloDarlo

CarloDarlo Active Member

Professional Gambler
    soxfan did a type of parlay progression I believe it was based on Padovan Sequence.

I tried doing this but running strings of WLLLLLWLLLWLLLW were too prevalent for my liking.

6. Nathan Detroit

Nathan Detroit Well-Known Member Founding Member

Some day you gentlemen will discover the proper bet selection for the game of baccarat . It is right thee if you open your minds..

I am playing baccarat on occasion for 24 years years with the same BS since day one . just observing WG and Loss limit.

7. jbs

jbs Well-Known Member

The proper bet selection for baccarat is exactly $0.00 on every hand.

Donal Whelan likes this.

8. Nathan Detroit

Tje consensus od American gambling gurus suggests to play the lowest minimum table and the lowest amount .

mr j likes this.
  9. CarloDarlo

CarloDarlo Active Member

Professional Gambler
    You know what works well. Soxfan parlay martingale but hit and run with following streaks.

10. Nathan Detroit

Victor Bethell1s Coup de deux or coup de trois would be an excellent BS scenario.

Play at your own risk.

11. FRGCardinal

FRGCardinal New Member

The Soxfan system you reference, does that involve betting increasing amounts when on a win streak? Is that what you mean by the parlay portion of the term "parlay martingale?" (No need to explain the Martingale part).