1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Lounge WoV "blackjack conspiracy" thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by KewlJ, Aug 7, 2016.

1. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

One of the things that really bothers me about my unfair WoV banning, is when some member questions or posts challenges to things that I have said, when of course I am not able to respond. Interesting that these folks invoking my name (handle) and challenging me are almost always new members, usually making their first post. Seems like a concerted effort to periodically challenge, dis-credit me and knock my reputation down a notch on a site that I no longer participate on and can not respond. Thanks for that Wizard....that seems really fair.

Having brought up the subject of Wizard and my banning, now approaching 6 months since Wizard sided with his friend Qfit over a long-time, contributing member, and banned and silenced me....I am just curious as to how that is working out? Norm contributing a lot to WoV?

Ok, so back to the specific incident. Yesterday, a new member 'sidthesquid' joined WoV. In his very first post, he starts a threat entitled “blackjack conspiracy” theory. Now I'll be honest, I have read the thread several times and I am not completely sure what his point is, as 'sid' is all over the place. But it appears he is challenging claims concerning variance and mentions me numerous times during the thread.

At one point he makes the following statement: "I remember reading Kewljason claiming rarely ever dipping below 50 max bets (id rather witness his results because via a machine it may as well be fiction)".

I don't know what he is referring to?? In sharing my results since I joined the community, I have posted in detail some of my major swings in both directions. Massive negative swings, in terms of money (or max bets) as well in terms of time, including 4 different 6 month losing periods and a whole year that my results where way, way below expectation. I have shared my negative swings so much so that I have a bit of a reputation of being a crybaby concerning losing or down periods.

I know all about the wild swings involved in BJ card counting play and that is why I set my BR to 250 max bets at the start of each year. And if I should lose that, I have the ability to replace that BR with another 250 max bets. So in effect I play to a BR of 500 max bets. I play to a large BR, minimizing RoR and always encourage others to do the same. Playing to an extra large (extra conservative) BR, makes handling the massive swings involved with BJ card counting easier both financially and mentally.

So I don't understand this 50 max bet comment what-so-ever? I don't play to that kind of BR and have experienced negative swings far greater than that regularly. If I am missing the point that 'sid' is making, can someone (one of the WoV members) clear it up for me?

Interestingly, 'sid' also mentions a very talented AP, named 'Automatic Monkey' that participated with me back on Ken Smith's BJ site, and while I am not very good at the detective angle of figuring out who is who, I am guessing that is where 'sid' evolved from.