1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Forex Backtesting in Trading - Need for a Software?

Discussion in 'Forex Forum' started by pavelv7, Oct 28, 2018.

1. pavelv7

pavelv7 Guest

This thread is opened to discuss the importance of backtesting in trading and the possible need for a backtesting software.

Personally, I have experienced that manual trading can be learned and performance improved through practice based on historic data. However, I always lacked a proper backtesting platform. I did buy Forex Tester, but found it limited and complex. Simulated live trading, such as offered by Trading View for example, is too slow for proper practice.

Now, having also stocks, various securities and cryptocurrencies in mind, I was wondering if there is need for a tool that does just that. In my head, it would be something that provides a realistic trading simulation (with margins, transaction costs, etc.) where you could not only trade manually, but test various strategies (written in, let’s say, JavaScript).

One pain I experienced was actually obtaining historic data. I would’ve really appreciated the option to subscribe to certain data packages, such as FX, certain stocks or cryptocurrencies.

Having all this in mind, I would love to create a software that does just that, but it would be a waste to create it only for myself. That’s why I’m curious what you think about it.

Do you believe backtesting is important?
    Is there a need for a backtesting software as described?
    How do you currently conduct backtesting? What is good/bad about your solution?
    Which features would you love to see in a backtesting software?
    Would you prefer a classic software (such as Forex Tester) or an online solution (such as Trading View)?

I’d love to hear your input!

Cheers,
    Pavel

Source.