1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Roulette Betting 2 numbers for as long as you like...

Discussion in 'Roulette Forum' started by johndexter, Feb 24, 2018.

1. TurboGenius

TurboGenius Well-Known Member Founding Member

Self proclaimed Theoretical Philosopher
    I guess I'll have to make a thread explaining what past numbers are.
    I should also make a thread about what hot numbers are.
    How about some kind of "Intro to roulette" as well since it's obvious the basics just confuse the
    hell out of some people.

2. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone Well-Known Member Lineage to Founders

Shoe Cobbler
    3d-render-business-graph-going-up-arrow-13489252.jpg

Turbo's system didn't work, so I tweaked it and now it really works. My math is better.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  3. mr j

mr j Well-Known Member

self employed
    I'm not even arguing if it works or not. I'm simply saying, yes, its using past spins. My example I gave a few posts back regarding the 100 tables. If your method does not WORK in my criteria, then yes, you do need past spins.

1 is the past, 15 is the past, 120 is the past.

Ken

4. Baccarat man

Baccarat man Member

Sales assistant
    There is no system for roulette it's very much based on pot luck.That's why it's 35/1 a number.

5. Bombus

Bombus Well-Known Member

pot luck... that's what I keep telling them, but nobody listens.

6. Fossell

Fossell Active Member

To put in my two pennies worth :)

Of course anything that 'has' happened has now past. But it was established some time ago that past numbers, while referring to repeater methods of play, was contextually implied as those results 'outside' of your current session.

As a measure of performance I find more 'recent form' to be more significant than older form.
    You wouldn't bet on a horse that won at this track 2 years ago if it hadn't any wins in its last 8 races this season. (race fixing and holding off aside o_O)

TurboGenius likes this.
  7. TurboGenius

THANK YOU !
    Perfectly said

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018

8. mr j

mr j Well-Known Member

self employed

This is good stuff. So in other words, if the method is a "repeater method", then we dont call it past numbers but all other methods, past numbers ARE used(?)

Also, what about my example I posted? Could your repeater method WORK WELL with my 100 tables example? If no, why?

I'm still sticking with this....if I/we admit to using past spins, then the gamblers fallacy LABEL comes attached. If you DO WELL and do NOT use past spins (almost impossible), then you are NOT involved with gamblers fallacy.

As of late, there are many repeater methods out there, I'll pick anything.
    When a number has hit twice, bet on it only up to a 37/38 count. Ok, the 33 has hit twice. We start to bet on it because of an event that has RECENTLY (not 800 spins ago) happened. Thats not using past information?

Ken

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  9. mr j

mr j Well-Known Member

self employed

The 16 has not hit even once, much less 2+ times in"X" number of PAST spins. We will not bet the 16 (for now). Are we using past information to not bet the 16?

Ken

10. Fossell

Fossell Active Member

It doesn't matter where the numbers come from. 1 wheel or 100 wheels. As long as the results string is random you can expect to see the same patterns in the future results.

Personally I interpret fallacy as expecting a 'redressing the balance' to occur in the short term on single spin results.
    Playing repeaters shouldn't be about the result of the next spin, but the result of the next group of spins within a given parameter.

That result and parameter aren't fixed but you're selection is based on the previous spins providing you with a narrower selection of choices to bet on to achieve a profit from a result pattern you know, not hope, is going occur.

I believe the older the form the less relevant it becomes. Using the most recent form (spin results) is more relevant, even as the parameter widens from the start to the end of you session.

And yes indeed we are using past information to save us from losing money on 16 :)

11. mr j

mr j Well-Known Member

self employed

Ummm, ok.

So past spins/information are needed.

12. mr j

mr j Well-Known Member

self employed

Really? Are you also speaking for Turbo?

I cant believe we are debating what the "past" is. Thats fuckin nuts.

Another crazy Ken example >> So, Turbo and I will sit together at a coffee house. I have my laptop, he has his. He logs onto Parx in order to play. BUT.....I will give him the numbers to bet on. Whether he wants 1-7 numbers, I pick. Yes, he can use a progression.

Deal? If he needs to pick the numbers, THERE MUST BE A REASON !?!?!?!

or....we can use random.org for the number(s). If you are choosing numbers FOR A REASON, those choices came from past results!!

Sidenote >> I am not knocking Parx or Turbo.

Ken

13. Fossell

Fossell Active Member

Haha! No debate from me.

Not speaking for TG but I'm pretty sure he'll agree as long as the numbers are random it doesn't matter.

Not sure what your example is getting at Ken, but absolutely there has to be a reason. Anyones selection has to be based on past results.

I think I might of misunderstood your example on the previous page. I'd still need to track the result from each wheel. Couldn't select blind!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  14. TurboGenius

I had all kinds of analogies that I was going to post - but yours is good.

Ken - "past spins" means spins before the session I'm playing. Any spins "while" I'm playing
    are part of my session - the past spins are the ones that happened before I started and
    they aren't relevant or useful to me at all.
    Like this analogy - you go on a vacation.
    Two days in you meet up with friends and you're talking about what happened yesterday.
    You wouldn't say "On my last vacation I saw x" - that wouldn't make any sense.
    Even though every minute, or hour of "this" vacation is in the past - it's contained
    within "this" vacation. No one would refer to something that's in the process of happening
    as the "past" event, or the past events - they are part of the whole.
    "Past spins" are the same when it comes to a playing session of spins.
    Now to the people stuck on a single spin situation - every spin is "this spin", "this spin",
    "this spin" - and that one 3 back is a "past spin". That's not how I see it because if I'm
    playing a session, those spins are part of "this session" and not past spins.
    Whatever happened before I sat down at the table isn't relevant - a number that
    was hot or cold in the past doesn't mean squat when it comes to the spins I'll be playing.
    Could it end up that someone who's been there for an hour and me who just started
    are playing some of the same numbers ? Sure. It's because they are hot for my session
    though. What happened before I sat down is the "last vacation".

15. TurboGenius

There is also the argument that someone sitting down (say two hours into my session)
    could just place bets on mine. Aren't THEY then using past spins ?
    Nope - their "system" is to put their bets on mine, again - those past spins before they arrived
    aren't relevant to them, their method of play is to copy whatever bet I make.
    I'm sure you know those people - they put chips on yours because they see you winning, even
    though they don't know how you're doing it. That's when I tend to get up from the table.

16. TurboGenius

The 100 tables with 1 spin each is fine, it doesn't change random at all.
    What "does" change random is when there is some involvement by a person or thing
    that interferes with random.
    As I was laughed at for saying "random + random doesn't equal random" and this is true
    if a person was involved in making that list.
    A table might have 20 reds in a row and another table might have 20 reds in a row.
    Is is still random if someone takes spins (a) and splices them onto spins (b) and now
    gives a "random" list of 40 reds in a row ? No.
    It's like saying I can throw a ball 50 yards twice therefore I can throw a ball 100 yards.
    It's nonsense. My max ability was 50 yards, not 100.
    40 reds in a row wasn't "random" at all.
    When people test from live spins and tables and combine them together, they defeat
    random by their actions.
    Now the 100 tables with 1 spin each is fine, as long as I go in order.
    If "YOU" can now dictate the order I have to go in, it's not random even though the
    results of each spin are random. See ?
    You pick the 65 wheels that hit a red number and combine them together for me to
    play - suddenly I have 65 reds in a row ! It's not possible and not random anymore
    because you influenced the outcome.
    "Random has limits" is what I've always said, and while it makes the nay-sayers laugh
    they know it's the truth.. I can deal with that.

17. mr j

mr j Well-Known Member

self employed

So, we'll say a session is 37 spins, fair? The first and second spin of that 37 is 14 (back to back). You start betting on that 14. It does not hit again anytime soon but on the 37th spin (last) you still bet the 14.
    The 14 last hit 35 spins ago but that is NOT from the past because its in your "session", correct?

Ken

18. mr j

mr j Well-Known Member

self employed

100% agreed.

Ken

19. mr j

mr j Well-Known Member

self employed
    A quick sidenote >> years ago I would reject the notion of using past results, not Ken!!!!

Its plain as day, I do use them, I need to use them.

20. TurboGenius

Yep
    Now if someone sits down on the 37th spin, those 14'a are past spins and useless to them, their session
    of spins start when they begin play.