1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Blackjack Card Counting of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Blackjack Forum' started by Moraine, Sep 5, 2021.

1. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

Again, this is the thought process of single deck players of which you are the only serious one left, or players from the 1980's that had access to all those deeply dealt single deck games. Such player wanted to know the makeup of remaining cards as accurately as possible right down to the card. This would allow for altering specific hand strategies. For example if there were an abundance of 7's remaining the player might alter his strategy and hit on 13 or 14 vs dealer 4. But for 99.999 % of players that now play shoe games, or even to a lesser degree double deck, this is not how a player wins anymore.

Now-a-days it is simply about identifying a surplus of aces and 10 value cards, to identify when a blackjack which pays 3:2 is more likely. That is almost entirely the sole component of the players advantage today. We do this by off-setting a group of small cards vs a group of aces and 10 value cards. The effect of removal, meaning which small cards have been played is much less important than that more small cards have been played leaving an abundance of Aces and ten value cards remain.

So if I have a TC of +3 which is made up all many 2's having been played or expired from the deck and only a few 5's, it is still identifying a remaining deck(s) rich in aces and 10 value cards....advantage to the player!

In short that is how a player wins at blackjack card counting in today's game of shoe games that 99.999 players play. The actual difference in value 2 vs 5 or any other card is much, much less important. What is important and the method identifies is that surplus in aces and 10 value remaining to be played.

Moses, if you continue to have single deck available (which you indicated was dwindling) and still play, regardless of stakes...power to you! But you should really not be advising nor promoting this system of play for any other player. It is that simple. You are a dinosaur.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  2. Tater

Tater Well-Known Member

RPC doesnt include 7? You're wrong. And outdated.

Don S switched to RPC after 1 year of weak HiLO.

3. Tater

Tater Well-Known Member

The EoR of the 5 nearly doubles that of the 2. Yet the 2 is only .10 more than the 7. SCORE indicates Peter Griffin had his EOR screwed up in the first place.
    DO your homework.

4. Tater

Tater Well-Known Member

THE problem with such a limited way of thinking is the deck rich in 10, A may also be rich in other cards. Tarzan ate you alive at BJTF.

5. Tater

Tater Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Thorpe came out with the A,5 count...not the A,2.

Dont do what is easy. Do what is right!

6. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

Moses, THAT work is from the 80's based in the games from the 80's and how a player beat them. Griffins work wasn't wrong (for the time), nor is what you keep saying "wrong", but it is just much less important in today's shoe games and even double deck that almost everyone plays.

It is not how you win for today's games. Today's games are about 1 thing: Identifying a surplus in remaining aces and 10 value cards and bet variation once that surplus has been identified.

7. Tater

Tater Well-Known Member

So Don S wrote 3 volumes of books with charts. Each over 1000 pages. Norm had 28 count comparisons.

Don and Norm would have saved us a bunch of time.

Volume 4: Don S should simply say. KJ is right and I was wrong. Move to Vegas and use HILO. Nevermind the other 3 books. Whups! Sorry about that.

The End

P.S. Tarzan...you're full of shit.
    and fuk those sims Norm.

8. Tater

Tater Well-Known Member

...and SCORE? What was I thinking? Whups. Sorry about that.

When Don S does this? I will believe KJ the Great. Sell my house and move to Vegas.

9. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

You refuse to accept it but that is basically what Don said, when he said "If I were starting out today, I would play a level 1 count and less than 25 index plays" He went on to say, "but he can't un-learn the system he has played for 40 years and the hundreds of index plays he learned".

Seriously Moses, what do you think that statement says?

Look, it isn't that Norm's sims have no value....of course they do. I use Norm's software regularly. Nor is Tarzan wrong. It is just the things he is placing value in have greatly diminished value as to how a player wins today. Are you aware that when he was in Las Vegas a while back (a number of years now), Tarzan met with Wizard and explained his count and system and Wizard saw very little value in it for todays games.

That is not to say Shackleford is smarter than Tarzan or vice versa. It is simply to say for the shoe games that dominate the blackjack world today, these specific advanced counts, offer very, very diminished returns and value. The whole specialty count though process is an outdated though process from an era now gone and games that are all but gone.

You simply are refusing to adapt. And that is fine for as long as you have available what games you have available, but you should not be promoting or advising anyone else.

10. Tater

Tater Well-Known Member

As i said. When Don S admits to his error, I will sell and move.

If what you say is gospel, Don S has mislead thousands, including ME. Shame on you Don S.

No way am I taking a weak/wrong count to a single deck game and expect to win.

21forme posts here. Come on over Don S and Tarzan so you can speak for yourselves.

Fair enough. No?;)

11. Tater

Tater Well-Known Member

Don S. KJ summed up very quickly how much smarter he is than you. Your books are unnecessary. Sound like you've been told to stick SCORE square in your ass.

That must smart after all your efforts, to learn they were all a waste of time.

12. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

No he didn't!!!

Things change. Games changed. Conditions changed. Don's thoughts adapted to those changes. That is how things works. And those that don't or won't adapt get left behind. That is the reality of life.

13. Tater

Tater Well-Known Member

Ok. So fuk you Don S. I worked my ass off based on you work SCORE being the center of my work.

I was accused of cheating because I'd rather stay home and study than go to family affairs.

Now...I hear it's all one big farse?

Id really like to hear what you have to say about all this.

when he said "If I were starting out today, I would play a level 1 count and less than 25 index plays" He went on to say, "but he can't un-learn the system he has played for 40 years and the hundreds of index plays he learned".

You just shit on not one, not two, but 3 volumes of YOUR books with this statement.

14. Tater

Tater Well-Known Member

Now we have to listen to this useless piece of shit go and on and on about how great he is and 18 years of bull shit.

Fuk it. Give me a violation and slow down my phone.

It is worth it. Because it's the TRUTH.

15. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

Moses you are going off the deep end Again.

Everything Don (and others) have done still is valid and has value. A player just need take that adapt for today's games, conditions and advance.

While I have taken bits and pieces of things learned by many different players, I consider myself a disciple of Don's views and work more than anyone else.

That conditions change and you take these concepts and adapt and evolve doesn't invalidate ANYTHING.

16. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

AND nobody is saying you need to switch what you are doing or Tarzan or even Don. (And by the way Don hasn't. He just stated "if he were starting out today....".)

All I am saying is these concepts that had great value years ago, in a different era, with different conditions have much less diminishing returns or value today. But promoting some of these outdated concepts isn't right either.

17. Tater

Tater Well-Known Member

Stanford Wong. You're full of shit too with Wong Halves. Freighter what are you doing side counting Aces with Wong Halves. According to KJ you are wasting your time. No?

Now if you all want to sit in your little blackjack community and not be challenged? That's your decision.

Or you can come on over and speak you mind?

If Don S is okay with HiLo? Then why write 3 friggin books and soak players minds with useless knowledge?

18. Tater

Tater Well-Known Member

Just grab your ankles and go Hilo. Go fuk yourself if you dont have the stomach for the volatility.

A HS educated princess can handle it. Why cant you?

19. Tater

Tater Well-Known Member

The 5 stops the game from 12 5 times. The 4 and 6 stops the game from 12 4 times.
    The 3 and 7 stops the game from 12 3 times.
    The 2 and 8 only twice.

So forget HiLo. RPC over compensated the EoR of the 3,4,6 so the group could balance to the 10,A which are tagged at 2.

Reduce the tag to 1. Then simply drop the 2,7 and value the 3,4,6 at -1.
    Presto. You now have a Level 2 count for anyone with an 8th grade math skills. It's as easy as Level 1 AND holds a higher SCORE than Level 3 counts. Depending on game rules and spread limitations and bet frequency.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  20. Moraine

Moraine Active Member

??? Please elaborate.