1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat Cutting House Edge to -0.56%

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by fathead, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Rustyshackleford

Rustyshackleford Active Member

reading that post almost makes me want to divulge the secret sauce..alas Froto Bagos recommended me i shalt!

2. cps10

cps10 Well-Known Member

That would be appreciated by many if you did. I will have more later today. Got caught in some family emergencies yesterday afternoon and evening but should be good today.

3. cps10

cps10 Well-Known Member

Consider the following example:

P
    P
    P
    B <- Bet on B
    B <- WIN
    P <- Bet on P (unless you play it safe and wait for another streak)
    P <- WIN
    P
    B <- Bet on B
    P <- Loss
    P
    B <- Bet on B
    P <- Loss
    B
    B
    P <- Bet on P
    B <- Loss
    B
    B
    B
    B
    B
    B
    P <- Bet on P
    P <- WIN
    B <- Bet on B
    B <- WIN
    P <- Bet on P
    P <- WIN
    P
    B <- Bet on B
    P <- Loss
    P
    P
    B <- Bet on B
    P <- Loss
    B
    P
    B
    B
    P <- Bet on P
    P <- WIN
    B <- Bet on B
    P <- Loss
    P
    P
    P
    B <- Bet on B
    B <- WIN
    B
    B
    P <- Bet on P
    P <- WIN
    B <- Bet on B
    P <- Loss
    B
    P
    B
    P
    P
    B <- Bet on B
    P <- Loss
    B
    B
    P <- Bet on P
    B <- Loss
    P
    B
    P
    P
    B <- Bet on B
    B <- WIN

Terry Plumb, stephen and Joey Torres like this.
  4. cps10

cps10 Well-Known Member

In the example above, we won 9 and lost 9. And because of Banker, we would have lost a touch due to commission on Banker wins. Not a problem. I tackle this through money management three ways. One is with a modified Labby and then another way via Fibonacci and thirdly through a modified Fibonacci that I learned from this professional. I will explain all three later when I have a little more time. However, like mentioned before, the bet selection should try and get you as close to 50% as you can. That is shown above.

For those who like to follow a one with a one, you would have won 11 and lost 8.

Terry Plumb and Joey Torres like this.
  5. Nathan Detroit

Nathan Detroit Well-Known Member Founding Member

Craps10 Keep playing your way and that is the only way . I did it MY WAY. No mater which was it is a game of LUCK.

Terry Plumb and cps10 like this.
  6. cps10

cps10 Well-Known Member

Exactly ND. I do what works for me. Others should do what works for them. That is the correct way.

Nathan Detroit likes this.
  7. cps10

cps10 Well-Known Member

As mentioned earlier, I can employ three different money management strategies to effectively help me to win. In fact, I could put a few more in there but these are my "go-to":

1. Modified Labby: I want to win 3-6 units per shoe or session, whichever works best. I start (on a win goal of 3 units) with the following string:

0 - 1 - 1 - 1
    I do this to keep my bets low on a losing streak. How I modify it is this: most people will add losses to the end of the string, which creates larger bets during losses. My initial bet here would be 1 unit (the 0 on the one end added to the 1 on the other end). If I lose it, then I will apply the loss on the inside rather than the outside. For instance, the new string would be:

0 - 2 - 1 - 1
    This allows you to keep the bets low on a losing streak, as your next bet would still be 0 + 1 or 1 unit. On another loss, you would add again on the inside to make the following:

0 - 2 - 2 - 1
    Upon another loss, it is your discretion to place the loss where you want. There are those that will create a 0-2-2-2 or a 1-2-2-1 or even a 0-3-2-1. It is completely up to you. The goal is to win 2 hands. That's all. Once you eliminate the first number and last, then you only have the 2 remaining.

Now, many will feel overwhelmed in the midst of a losing streak that will escalate your bets to a level where you're not comfortable. If that's the case, you can do one of two things:

(1) Stretch out the string to include more than four numbers. In other words, you can add losses to the end of the string like a traditional Labby. The drawback is that it can get long and require many more wins in order to satisfy the progression and target win goal; or,

(2) You can create another string with the losses and just carry those over to the next session if need be
    Let's take a look at the example above. Here is the win/loss sequence: WWLLLWWWLLWLWWLLLW

Using the 0-1-1-1 as our base, this is how I would play it:

Bet 0+1 = 1 - WIN (+1); string is now 1-1 as we eliminated the 0 and the last 1 with that bet
    Bet 1+1 = 2 - WIN (+3); we have eliminated that string; time to try another 0-1-1-1

Bet 0+1 = 1 - Loss (-1); string is now 0-2-1-1
    Bet 0+1 = 1 - Loss (-2); string is now 0-2-2-1
    Bet 0+1 = 1 - Loss (-3); string is now 1-2-2-1 (this is how I play it)
    Bet 1+1 = 2 - WIN (-1); string is now 2-2 as we eliminated the end 1's with that bet
    Bet 2+2 = 4 - WIN (+3); we have eliminated that string and are now +6 overall (less Banker bet commissions). Next string: 0-1-1-1

Bet 0+1 = 1 - WIN (+1); string is now 1-1 as we eliminated the 0 and the last 1 with that bet
    Bet 1+1 = 2 - Loss (-1); string is now 2-2 as I have divided the last bet among the remaining numbers in the string
    Bet 2+2 = 4 - Loss (-5); string is now 4-4 as I have divided the last bet among the remaining numbers in the string. You can also extend it to 2-2-2-2 if that helps you out and being more conservative
    Bet 4+4 = 8 - WIN (+3); second win of the series has closed out the string. We are up +9 overall (less Banker bet commission). Next string: 0-1-1-1

LWWLLLW
    Bet 0+1 = 1 - WIN (+0); string is now 2-1 as we eliminated the 0 and the last 1 with that bet
    Bet 2+1 = 3 - WIN (+3); second win of the series has closed out the string. We are up +12 overall (less Banker bet commission). Next string: 0-1-1-1

Bet 0+1 = 1 - Loss (-2); string is now 0-2-2-1
    Bet 0+1 = 1 - Loss (-3); string is now 1-2-2-1
    Bet 1+1 = 2 - WIN (-1); this is the end of our bets for this shoe. You could carry over the 2-2 to the next shoe or just be happy with the +11 win overall, less Banker commission.

Next I will talk about my next progression: the Fibonacci.

Terry Plumb, stephen and Joey Torres like this.

8. Joey Torres

Joey Torres Active Member

Hi CPS10

Thanks a lot for your Modified Labby strategy.

How many units would you recommend with this MM?

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Rustyshackleford and cps10 like this.
  9. cps10

cps10 Well-Known Member

Thank you. I am only looking to get 3-6 units out of a shoe, so I would have exited at the latest after the second string had won. I continued the example just to show you how it would have finished up. This was also including a loss at the end, although it being minor. This is typically how I can keep my shoe losses to a minimum while continuing to get more wins.

Joey Torres likes this.
  10. Ravinderchawla

Ravinderchawla Member

Hi, thanks for explaining, Clear as Crystal
    The only thing that kills, is Dom shoes where 1 side is streaking & other is showing singles & shows out a double occasionally
    Secondly one part of ur modified labby, is it keeps the bets low in case of strings of losses, but the bets escalate in case of an occasional single win, there we should elongate the line as per ur tweat
    BTW do u incorporate any stop loss, also, because it will happen frequently in Dom shoes

cps10 likes this.
  11. cps10

cps10 Well-Known Member

Good afternoon to you Ravinderchawla! You are right - there are some dominant shoes. I will not dabble in those for too long unless I can see a break in the dominance. Getting two wins seems easy to do, however, you are very correct with the Dom shoes. I don't like to get down past 6 units in that instance, knowing that my typical shoe will make that up relatively quickly. If you feel like elongating the line, that is up to you. I would say you will regularly find that there will be anywhere from 6-10 or more wins with this strategy in any shoe, so if that's what you need to do or carry over to the next shoe, by all means go for that!! I like to get my two wins if possible, but don't like to get too far in the hole. I don't usually have a hard steadfast rule for my stop loss. I just take the feeling in my gut, which is often not a great thing to do (!), and see where I go. I hope that answers your question.

Joey Torres likes this.
  12. Thanhtai

Thanhtai New Member

Hey i see online casion is invest. I have lost a lot from it. Have you succeeded yet? Do you support me? I am english so bad should . I do not understand the above article . I use google translation but not true . Can anybody help me better about the above method? Thanks!

13. Ravinderchawla

Ravinderchawla Member

Hi, Can u clarify "
    Hi, kindly clarify " For those who like to follow one with a one" mean, Quote an example please, thanks

14. cps10

cps10 Well-Known Member

Following one with a one is basically a chop. Example:

B
    B
    P
    B <- bet for P here
    P <- WIN; now bet for B
    B <- WIN; now bet for P
    B <- Loss; wait for next trigger

15. Ravinderchawla

Ravinderchawla Member

Thanks, Will be waiting for Enhanced Fibo MM ( whenever u are free)

16. cps10

cps10 Well-Known Member

I will try and have that ready in the next hour or so. I have some “real” work to tend to right now but will be back no later than early this afternoon.

17. cps10

cps10 Well-Known Member

2. Fibonacci and Enhanced Fibonacci

These are two that are not for the faint at heart. These are aggressive progressions, but sometimes, when I'm feeling a little invincable, I will take them on.

BASIC FIBONACCI:

The basic Fibonacci I play is a form of a $5 base bet. It looks like the following:

5-5-10-15-25-40-65-105-170-275

This is a 10-step progression, and with the basic Fibonnaci, the goal is to win two bets in a row. If this happens, then you will make a very nice profit, especially later in the progression. I will add that this will only happen beginning with the fifth step. If you win on the fourth step, you have only lost 1 unit ($5), so going back to the beginning is just fine. Once you make that fifth bet, you are going to bet on this level twice (after an initial win) hoping for a second win. Here are the profit levels after wins on each level (these are of course without Banker commissions removed):

$5 bet - $5 profit (no second bet here on the first step, return to the first step)
    $5 bet - $0 profit (no second bet here on the second step, return to the first step)
    $10 bet - $0 profit (no second bet here on the third step, return to the first step)
    $15 bet - $5 loss (no second bet here on the fourth step, return to the first step)
    $25 bet - $15 profit after winning on this level two bets in a row, return to the first step
    $40 bet - $20 profit after winning on this level two bets in a row, return to the first step
    $65 bet - $30 profit after winning on this level two bets in a row, return to the first step
    $105 bet - $45 profit after winning on this level two bets in a row, return to the first step
    $170 bet - $70 profit after winning on this level two bets in a row, return to the first step
    $275 bet - $110 profit after winning on this level two bets in a row, return to the first step

This is a total of $715 for the ten total steps. Some people like to add an eleventh bet to the progression of $445 to make a total outlay of $1,160. Yes, it's expensive, but most of the time, you are looking at a two win in a row sequence. Remember, after you complete the two wins in a row, you revert back to the first step. And also pay attention to table limits before deciding how large of a progression you want to use.

One thing I forgot to mention is that if you lose on that second bet, don't despair. Just stay on that level as if you are playing it for the first bet. And of course, if you lose a level, time to move to the next one.

In our example above, here is our win/loss pattern: WWLLLWWWLLWLWWLLLW

Let's see how it plays out. Obviously at the end it will get a little dicey, but that's okay, remember that I usually go for 3 units profit so I would stop up the way. So, let's take a look:

Bet 1: W for $5 ($5 profit total), move back to level 1
    Bet 2: W for $5 ($10 profit total), move back to level 1
    Bet 3: L for $5 ($5 profit total), move up to level 2
    Bet 4: L for $5 ($0 profit total), move up to level 3
    Bet 5: L for $10 ($10 loss total), move to level 4
    Bet 6: W for $15 ($5 profit total), move back to level 1
    Bet 7: W for $5 ($10 profit total), move back to level 1
    Bet 8: W for $5 ($15 profit total), move back to level 1 (this is likely where I would stop with 3 units profit)
    Bet 9: L for $5 ($10 profit total), move up to level 2
    Bet 10: L for $5 ($5 profit total), move up to level 3
    Bet 11: W for $10 ($15 profit total), move back to level 1
    Bet 12: L for $5 ($10 profit total), move up to level 2
    Bet 13: W for $5 ($15 profit total), move back to level 1
    Bet 14: W for $5 ($20 profit total), move back to level 1
    Bet 15: L for $5 ($15 profit total), move up to level 2
    Bet 16: L for $5 ($10 profit total), move up to level 3
    Bet 17: L for $10 ($0 profit total), move up to level 4
    Bet 18: W for $15 ($15 profit total)

This wasn't a stellar example to show how much you could possibly win with the two wins in a row since our two wins in a row weren't in the higher levels. That's okay though! Better safe than sorry! And although we won 9 bets and lost 9 bets, we still had $15 in profit (3 units @ $5).

Next I will talk about the Enhanced, however, it won't be a lot different than this in the actual example, but I will show you how different it will be as it lowers your exposure to two big bets in a row. I will do this later today hopefully.

18. Ravinderchawla

Ravinderchawla Member

Ok, That will be great,thabks

19. cps10

cps10 Well-Known Member

ENHANCED FIBONACCI:

This portion of the Fibonacci is designed to help you save on the big bets but still make a profit. The principle of the progression is the same as the regular Fibonacci above, but you will not be doubling up on the same level. Instead, you are looking to make the smallest profit you can. Therefore a win in the bigger bets will drop you down a level on the progression. Although the example above will not help us because the wins were frequent and losing streaks weren't long (3 max), I will show you what you will bet after each win within the progression. Also, when you win on a level of the progression and reduce your next bet, you will use THE SAME BET AMOUNT if you lose your next bet. This is to prevent you from getting into some high bets on a WLWLWL sequence.

The progression (and subsequent wins) and reduction in bets are as follows:

1st level: 5; a win and you go back to Level 1 ahead 5
    2nd level: 5; a win and you go back to Level 1 at break even
    3rd level: 10; a win and you go back to Level 1 at break even
    4th level: 15; a win and you are at -5. You drop down to Level 3, because a subsequent win will get you to +5. If you LOSE that subsequent bet, then you stay at a bet of 10 until you get a win. When you get that next win, evaluate where you are and move to the level on the progression that will get you a minimum profit of 5.

For example, let's say you start off with a situation that is LLLW. At this point you are at -5. You move to Level 3 (a bet of 10). Suppose you have another LLLW. Because you are keeping your bet flat, you only lose 20 in that sequence (3 bets @ 10 lost and a win @ 10). In total you are at -25. The next bet in the progression that would get you a profit would be the 40 bet. A win there would get you to +15/ ALTERNATIVE: to save additionally, move up to only the 15 bet. Two wins there will get you into profit.

Moving on...

5th level: 25; a win and you are at -10. You drop down to Level 4, because a subsequent win will get you to +5. If you LOSE that subsequent bet, then you stay at a bet of 15 until you get a win. When you get that next win, evaluate where you are and move to the level on the progression that will get you a minimum profit of 5. You can also use the ALTERNATIVE betting.

6th level: 40; a win and you are at -20. You drop down to Level 5, because a subsequent win will get you to +5. If you LOSE that subsequent bet, then you stay at a bet of 25 until you get a win. When you get that next win, evaluate where you are and move to the level on the progression that will get you a minimum profit of 5. You can also use the ALTERNATIVE betting.

7th level: 65; a win and you are at -35. You drop down to Level 6, because a subsequent win will get you to +5. If you LOSE that subsequent bet, then you stay at a bet of 40 until you get a win. When you get that next win, evaluate where you are and move to the level on the progression that will get you a minimum profit of 5. You can also use the ALTERNATIVE betting.

8th level: 105; a win and you are at -60. You drop down to Level 7, because a subsequent win will get you to +5. If you LOSE that subsequent bet, then you stay at a bet of 65 until you get a win. When you get that next win, evaluate where you are and move to the level on the progression that will get you a minimum profit of 5. You can also use the ALTERNATIVE betting.

9th level: 170; a win and you are at -100. You drop down to Level 8, because a subsequent win will get you to +5. If you LOSE that subsequent bet, then you stay at a bet of 105 until you get a win. When you get that next win, evaluate where you are and move to the level on the progression that will get you a minimum profit of 5. You can also use the ALTERNATIVE betting.

10th level: 275; a win and you are at -165. You drop down to Level 9, because a subsequent win will get you to +5. If you LOSE that subsequent bet, then you stay at a bet of 170 until you get a win. When you get that next win, evaluate where you are and move to the level on the progression that will get you a minimum profit of 5. You can also use the ALTERNATIVE betting.

Looking at our example again, and see what difference this will make in our overall win:

Bet 1: W for $5 ($5 profit total), move back to level 1
    Bet 2: W for $5 ($10 profit total), move back to level 1
    Bet 3: L for $5 ($5 profit total), move up to level 2
    Bet 4: L for $5 ($0 profit total), move up to level 3
    Bet 5: L for $10 ($10 loss total), move to level 4
    Bet 6: W for $15 ($5 profit total), move back to level 3 since we are down -5
    Bet 7: W for $10 ($15 profit total), move back to level 1 (this is likely where I would stop with 3 units profit)
    Bet 8: W for $5 ($20 profit total), move back to level 1
    Bet 9: L for $5 ($15 profit total), move up to level 2
    Bet 10: L for $5 ($10 profit total), move up to level 3
    Bet 11: W for $10 ($20 profit total), move back to level 1
    Bet 12: L for $5 ($15 profit total), move up to level 2
    Bet 13: W for $5 ($20 profit total), move back to level 1
    Bet 14: W for $5 ($25 profit total), move back to level 1
    Bet 15: L for $5 ($20 profit total), move up to level 2
    Bet 16: L for $5 ($15 profit total), move up to level 3
    Bet 17: L for $10 ($5 profit total), move up to level 4
    Bet 18: W for $15 ($20 profit total)

It appears that this progression yielded an additional unit of profit! This is very good for us! Not only did we reduce our bets after a win instead of keeping it the same, but we gained a little more return!

This concludes the modified Fibonacci for now, but I do have one other variation of the Fibo as well, but it will be discussed after my third preferred progression is presented next.

Joey Torres likes this.
  20. cps10

cps10 Well-Known Member

3. Oscar's Grind

This is probably one of the most used progressions that there is. A lot of you don't like it and that's understandable. But it works for me. And works meaning that I am comfortable using it even if it doesn't always leave me with profits.

The goal of Oscar is to grind out a profit of 1 unit for each sequence and start over. There can be a number of ways to get to that goal, which can include a lot of losses with a few wins. The pros of Oscar is that your bet isn't raised after a loss. It's raised after a win if necessary. On a loss, you keep the same bet constantly, similar to what I explained in my Enhanced Fibonacci above.

If you don't know how the progression works, I'll explain briefly here, but if you're still unclear, just look it up on a search engine and it will pop up immediately. But basically, you start with 1 unit. If you win, you start over with 1 unit profit. If you lose, you continue to bet 1 unit. If you get into a losing streak, you are betting that 1 unit until you get a win. When you win, you will raise your bet to 2 units. Depending on how far down you are, then you will keep raising on a win, but staying the same on a loss. When you get to a point in your bet raising to where another winning bet will yield you ONE unit profit, then you adjust your bet accordingly. For instance, let's say you lose 11 hands in a row. You bet 1 unit on those 11 hands, so your loss is -11. You finally get a win making your loss -10. At this point, you raise to 2 units. On a win, you are down -8. You raise your bet to 3 units. On a win, you are at -5. Then you raise your bet to 4 units. With your win, you are now at -1. Conventional wisdom says "raise to 5 units". That is incorrect. A 5-unit win at this point would get you a profit of 4. As great as that is, we want to limit our exposure and only want our goal of ONE UNIT. Therefore, we lower our bet to 2 units. A win gets us to +1 and we can start over. A loss, and we are at -3 and continue to bet 2 units until we get another win.

You will see that despite that 11-hand losing streak, we had only 4 wins that almost made up the entire loss. A fifth win right then would have completed the sequence. It's more powerful than people give it credit.

Going back to our example except this time, we will demonstrate in terms of units, not dollar values.

Bet 1: W for 1 unit (+1 overall), sequence is complete, move back to 1 unit bets
    Bet 2: W for 1 unit (+2 overall), sequence is complete, move back to 1 unit bets
    Bet 3: L for 1 unit (-1 for this sequence, +1 overall), remain at 1 unit bets
    Bet 4: L for 1 unit (-2 for this sequence, +0 overall), remain at 1 unit bets
    Bet 5: L for 1 unit (-3 for this sequence, -1 overall), remain at 1 unit bets
    Bet 6: W for 1 unit (-2 for this sequence, +0 overall), increase bet to 2 units
    Bet 7: W for 2 units (+0 for this sequence, +2 overall), move back to 1 unit bets, as that would get us our 1 unit profit goal
    Bet 8: W for 1 unit (+3 overall), sequence is complete, move back to 1 unit bets
    Bet 9: L for 1 unit (-1 for this sequence, +2 overall), remain at 1 unit bets
    Bet 10: L for 1 unit (-2 for this sequence, +1 overall), remain at 1 unit bets
    Bet 11: W for 1 unit (-1 for this sequence, +2 overall), increase bet to 2 units
    Bet 12: L for 2 units (-3 for this sequence, +0 overall), remain at 2 unit bets
    Bet 13: W for 2 units (-1 for this sequence, +2 overall), remain at 2 unit bets because a win gets us our 1 unit profit goal
    Bet 14: W for 2 units (+1 for this sequence, +4 overall), sequence is complete, move back to 1 unit bets
    Bet 15: L for 1 unit (-1 for this sequence, +3 overall), remain at 1 unit bets
    Bet 16: L for 1 unit (-2 for this sequence, +2 overall), remain at 1 unit bets
    Bet 17: L for 1 unit (-3 for this sequence, +1 overall), remain at 1 unit bets
    Bet 18: W for 1 unit (-2 for this sequence, +2 overall)

Unfortunately, we didn't get time to recoup at the end, but we could easily carry that over to a 2-unit bet at the start of our next shoe. We still had a profit of +2, which isn't bad, and I would have likely quit at +3 at Bet 8. This is was a stress-free progression with our max bet of 2 units. I know there will be some tougher shoes, but hopefully you get the idea. The last thing I will show you with my FREE "special sauce" is coming up.