1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

DMCA Complaint Received from Norman Wattenberger

Discussion in 'DMCA Complaints Received' started by Admin Team, May 30, 2017.

1. Admin Team

Admin Team Administrators Admins

We have received the following DMCA Complaint from Norman Wattenberger.

For the sake of transparency, we publicly post all DMCA requests received.

Since our site is not in a jurisdiction where DMCA is recognized law, no action will be taken.

We require a Court Order in our site's jurisdiction in order to take action against alleged copyright infringement since we are not in a position to establish who is right and who is wrong. We provide a platform where others can post freely and are not the authors of the posts in question.

---

DCMA Complaint
    May 30, 2017
    GamblingForums.com:

Below you will find a complaint filed under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

Section I: Description of complaint

Posting of private e-mails in violation of copyright.

Section 2. Material infringing the copyrighted work

The forum posts where my copyrighted work has been copied to are:
    https://www.gamblingforums.com/threads/wizardofvegas-forum-is-dying.3391/page-327#post-36748
    https://www.gamblingforums.com/threads/wizardofvegas-forum-is-dying.3391/page-327#post-36749

Section 3: Contact information

E-mail: [email protected]
    Phone : 212-753-5397
    Address:
    Norman Wattenberger
    100 United Nations Plz
    New York, NY 10017

Section 4: Statement

I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material described above on the allegedly infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

Section 5: Statement

I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

Section 6: Signature

Norman Wattenberger

beachedwhale likes this.
  2. beachedwhale

beachedwhale Active Member

I love the massive fuck off Admin gives the stinky old cunt Norm right here! Classic!

3. RS

RS Member

I thought this website was based out of Florida?

beachedwhale likes this.
  4. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

attorney at law (retired)
    It would appear that if this board's "site" is outside of the USA, the provisions of the DMCA are not enforcible against it.

It would require some effort and expense by QFIT to pin down the particulars of this board, but with a sharp lawyer, some money to burn and a subpoena anything is possible.

beachedwhale likes this.
  5. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

I hope he does. I had this conversation with my attorney, one night in the last 6 month, after I posted quotes from Emails/PM's. He specifically told me that an electronic message is no different than a written message or letter, and the person receiving the letter, is the owner and has the right to reveal what he wants. If you mail someone a letter, there is no expectation of privacy and an electronic letter or message is the same.

Now, if I were to some how get a hold of and reveal a PM (or letter) that was between say a MrV and LarryS, there might be a legal issue. But even then I'd be willing to bet, it is one of those kind of cases that is a hard case to win and not worth the expense to do so. Possibly going after a website, if you happen to find one in the right jurisdiction, you may get the benefit of having some sort of fine imposed, but even then I'll bet it is relatively minor. If there is an expert on the subject (admin?), I would like to hear you opinion.

beachedwhale likes this.
  6. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

attorney at law (retired)
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    beachedwhale likes this.
  7. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

8. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

Copyright laws are intended to protect "creative works". To prevent someone from stealing someone else's creative work for profit or gain. I am not stealing anything. I am not trying to take credit for the emails.

In looking at a number of websites, I saw the work "murky" several times and the phrase "intend and damage to the commercial value are important considerations."

There is no commercial value to the email's I forwarded.

In addition, there is the "fair use" exemption to U.S. copyright law was created to allow things such as commentary, parody, news reporting, research, and education about copyrighted works without the permission of the author. I was simply educating members here as to Norm's crazy actions and what he is really like. ;) (which is very different from how he present himself).

beachedwhale likes this.
  9. Exoter175

Exoter175 Member

I'm glad KJ looked into this, as I have. Norm claims that I was banned for life from his forum due to, and I quote, "A series of disgusting emails after multiple requests that he stop. He was banned at WoV for the same type of conduct".

Fair use protects my commentary and criticism of the email chain started by myself after my initial 14 day suspension, to which I asked him prior to, to make it a permanent one should he decide to do so as I had no intention of returning to a site where I was not allowed to speak my mind. The email chain between he and I actually started out because he used his administrative edit to say something along the lines of, "Scam link removed", which was actually a simple discord link where he could join me in voice chat from his home and discuss our issue, since at the time, he refused to email me.

I felt the Administrative Edit was slanderous (libel I suppose), and attacking my character, so I asked him to remove it. I'll provide the email chain in another thread.

I left here long ago because Mickey is too much to handle and he needs this forum far more than I do, so I won't be returning as an active member at any capacity, but there is certainly merit to those that have accused norm of being slanderous, libelous, and otherwise malicious. I harbor no real ill will towards Norm, as you'll see from the emails, but if they can be used by others to help defend their positions against an aggressive, malicious Norman Wattenberger, I hope it serves them well.

beachedwhale likes this.
  10. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

I didn't really look into it. lol. I did mention it to my attorney a couple months ago, after I received some flack for posting contents of wizard's PMs. My attorney told me that once a PM or email was sent to me, I have a right to show it to whom ever I like. BUT, this is an attorney who specializes in gambling issues, not copyright laws. To really look into it, I would suggest talking to an attorney that specializes in that field, because briefly looking at answers online, it looks like there is quite a difference of opinion on the matter from various legal people.

There are no damages to be had and that is why Norm frequently files complaints and threatens people and sites, but never follows through. And he has been doing so for years and years. But, what Norm did was show his true colors. He is a big bully and a crybaby.

beachedwhale likes this.
  11. Exoter175

Exoter175 Member

I've been looking into it since before I made that post on his forum where I copied the DMCA complain that he registered here.

The interesting bit is, in the emails I posted, his first email says "copyright 2017", which is silly and frivolous. Every email ever sent, the second it is sent has copyright protection. Simply writing "copyright 2017 Norman Wattenberger" actually adds no legal merit to the fact. Having said that, Fair Use permits me the legal right to do so, especially on the basis that he claims that I posted a scam link, as well as makes the claim that I was banned for life due to "disgusting emails". The ones provided defense my stance that I was very reasonable and agreeable, even wishing him good health. In no way were they disgusting or malicious.

It proves him to be a liar and a hypocrite, however, which is why I came here to post them should someone like yourself, ZenGrifter, or whomever suffers from Norm's ridiculous accusations, need further proof that he doesn't tell the truth as it is, and in many cases grossly exaggerates the "facts" as they were.

beachedwhale likes this.
  12. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

Trust me....I don't need prove that Norman Wattenberger doesn't tell the truth! :rolleyes: The guy trolled me to two forums that he didn't even participate at and had sworn off, just to spread lies and demand that the owner of those forums silence me. And all because I have an opinion that he doesn't agree with or like.

beachedwhale likes this.
  13. redietz

redietz Well-Known Member

I don't know Norm Wattenberger from Adam, but what a horse's ass.

As if everyday emails have copyright protection due to their artistic merit. What an idiot.

beachedwhale likes this.
  14. beachedwhale

He is definitely one of the dumbest of dumb fucks to ever grace the internet. A cyber skidmark.

So Admin, what ever happened with this one? Let me guess, the smelly old geriatric was never heard from again?

15. Admin Team

Admin Team Administrators Admins

We exposed him for lying about not being able to post on GamblingForums.com after he refused to set the record straight, and then he posted here.

beachedwhale likes this.
  16. beachedwhale

Already read that at the time. And after he posted that only to be used as a forum punching bag he was never heard from again. Just proving what a spineless piece of shit he is.