1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

TurboGenius Here we go again

Discussion in 'TurboGenius's Forum' started by TurboGenius, Nov 27, 2021.

1. TwoUp

TwoUp Well-Known Member

Unknown
    I agree there is a big difference between "IT skilled" and computer science graduates. I'm in the latter category. But that said, degrees or PHD's are irrelevant if someone is not able to keep an open mind whilst also applying logic, critical thinking and math.

I wouldn't be shaming on python, as it has become the defacto data science language. Some will also learn R, but for data preparation, machine learning and for building and testing models, python based Jupyter notebooks are fit for purpose and nice to work with. Python has been used in super computing for a long time, all the libraries are there to take advantage of vast computing resources.

TurboGenius likes this.
  2. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    Mine goes like this. I did it to serve up a shit sandwich to the mathZombies. As you can see they should be burned at the stake for lying all these centuries.

3. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone Well-Known Member Lineage to Founders

Shoe Cobbler
    I'm not knocking Python. It's awesome, and it runs one hell of a lot faster than Excel programs.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    TwoUp likes this.
  4. Rheti

Rheti Active Member

Not at all..

my own

TurboGenius likes this.
  5. Quos

Quos Member

Does anyone really want to help people?

Because nobody answers the questions?

I don't understand Anything.

they only accuse each other.
    Wouldn't it be better not to deviate from the topic and try to help those who showed interest?

6. gizmotron

Retired
    I was in discussions with the creators of the internet during the development of the Human Markup Language project way back when. They wanted to go with well formed SGML and I wanted to break away from that restriction for a good reason. They never went very far. They were all stuck on namespace overloading and recursion. I however went all the way. I invented my own markup language called MTML and built two cross platform browsers that supported it and showed just some of the markup language's capabilities. The idea is still a step towards a future internet to this day. It uses the paradigm that all the interaction does not have to occur and be executed on the server side leaving the user side just for rendering results. I built my own parallel numerical parser so that I could break the basic structuring of the SGML compliance. I also built my own rendering algorithm so that on each individual's own computer you could make linkage and gathering functionality while compiling your own unique versions of a website that includes your own specific text gathering system. Construct languages were then based on human speech. Multi-word phrases that include empty space became a primary functionality. It was designed around law and medical libraries as well as a unique way to publish newspapers electronically and even elaborate 500+ page catalogs of products with embedded images that all travel at once over the internet in a single file. It had linkage to the existing internet by the ability to link out of the MTML file and into the existing internet using normal internet browsers. It allowed you to format existing text so that you could highlight portions of text and tag portions of interested text that would be saved in your own personal version of anyone else's MTML version of their entire website. You would save your version on your own computer. And it allowed you to assemble, as like append to, and add other websites to your favorite topic website as it grows from many divergent recourses. I made a working version and demonstration of the Human Markup Language. I consider myself at least an inventor. There is no greater thrill in life than going where others haven't even dreamed what is possible. Anyone can learn to program. Not everyone can reach outside existing known realities.

TwoUp likes this.
  7. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Shoe Cobbler
    Knowledge is help. It just may not be the help you want.

gizmotron and Nathan Detroit like this.

8. TurboGenius

TurboGenius Well-Known Member Founding Member

Self proclaimed Theoretical Philosopher
    A lot depends on the number of horses and the number of laps.
    In the original post on the other thread I used 3 horses with 1 lap - it was the easiest
    and put it that way to inspire people to look deeper into it.
    In this thread I used 12 horses and 6 laps.
    I would stick with the inside numbers and make a pattern for each horse to complete.
    When a horse is very near the end then bet on it.

More horses is good, the number of laps will effect the results.
    Too many laps and it of course won't work because the lead horse will
    drop back and the horses behind will catch up as you are betting on the
    current leader which is bad.

9. Nathan Detroit

Nathan Detroit Well-Known Member Founding Member

It is a forum......not a school.

10. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Shoe Cobbler

Turbo,

Can you please just kill the damn horses, the wright brothers, and please not invoke Einstein?:rolleyes:

How about just using good old math and basic probability?

11. gizmotron

Retired
    Here's what happens. People need to be ready to hear it. New gamblers go for the progressions and the systems first. They fail and become obnoxious mathZombies or they continue on and try other things after they know that the progression don't pan out. Beginners don't want any help while they explore progressions. They don't want any help during their systems and money management phases. Some like the idea of saving others before they have to go through all that. You are not jack shit until you exhaust yourself in all the phases and lose for several years a lot of money. Most people will not take advice. So we get what we get. It's OK to let people learn the hard way. At least they are learning.

Nathan Detroit likes this.
  12. gizmotron

Retired
    How many slots does it take to make a wobbly wheel?

13. TurboGenius

TurboGenius Well-Known Member Founding Member

Self proclaimed Theoretical Philosopher
    It's better to explain things in a way that is easy for everyone, regardless of their level of interest.

Unless of course you think people want to see

untitled2.png
    I don't want to see that, and neither does anyone else.
    Do you know what that is up there ? He's my hero.
    Cheers.

gizmotron likes this.
  14. Nathan Detroit

Nathan Detroit Well-Known Member Founding Member

J P always said " Will you guys listen ? "

gizmotron likes this.

15. Mako

Mako Well-Known Member

Stop whining. As we’ve said many times before, Turbo has written enough to put the pieces together. If you can’t make it work that’s your problem.

Read read read. Then read it all again. And again.

16. Mako

Mako Well-Known Member

I prefer all the alliteration, spices things up. I particularly liked the obscure James Woods reference, solid.

TurboGenius likes this.
  17. thereddiamanthe

thereddiamanthe Well-Known Member

apicem rapax DNME
    I don't, neither does tineye provide any connection -- who's the hero (not that important) & WHY?

18. thereddiamanthe

apicem rapax DNME
    The difference is between an academic guy who's purpose to validate a discovery is to get recognition as a bonus & possible career advancement which results in better connections, better labs/atmosphere, more relevant projects to work on, & ultimately better than his shitty pay, although its remains like that just less shitty .. i=unless he actually commercializes the thing properly with supporting trademarks & patents, as a base to generate positive expectation in investors taking a risk.

With roulette solution, which is already straight to money & cashing in .. which is proof in itself & does not require any additional peer review, to be proved publicly you are basically taking the money of the table/equation for public recognition. Now, I know only broken characters seeking acceptance, approval & recognition would take that path to compensate for internal weaknesses, any congruent & whole .. would just show a BIG fuck off & build his empire so to say on that, on that base expanding the success in one arena onto other, leveraging onwards.

19. thereddiamanthe

apicem rapax DNME
    Exactly .. Hendrix hasn't used any external system to learn, compose, reproduce &or validate the music; in fact he hasn't used a note SYMBOL in all his life .. neither learned one. He was genius & inner resourceful enough to not lean on anything else to generate anything other than what generated within inner resourcefulness itself.

TurboGenius likes this.
  20. thereddiamanthe

apicem rapax DNME
    '↑ =two posts above