1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker how to play top set?

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by faf, Jan 30, 2019.

1. faf

faf Guest

Hi,

This hand is from a first level (100/100) of a live tournament and my stack is very close for the initial stack which is 30,000.

EP raises for 300, MP calls, I am on SB with 4-4 and decide to call as well for set mining purposes. BB also calls and we're 4 hands going to the flop.

The flop comes 2-3-4 with two hearts. I decide to donk, since I have a monster hand but the flop is very wet and I'm playing multiway and bet 600. BB calls, original raiser folds, and the player in MP re-raise for 3,600.

I know that he does have A-5 (at least suited) in his range, maybe 5-6 suited but also many draws, lower sets and some overpairs which I beat. Still raising after I betted OOP into four players is a very strong move.

What's the better move here 3bet for something around 11,000 - 12,000 or just call for pot control?

Source.