1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat How to Spot a BAD System

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by Frank Kneeland, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Punkcity

Punkcity Well-Known Member

CEO, manager of sublease my account name.inc
    Troll tag team one accounts head , Skipptophia.
    Excellent post
    If you read this quote correctly, you the readers may want to apply this to you electronic devices as a screen saver, so it’s always handy. I know inked body parts are the vogue perhaps get it tattooed somewhere if you’re so inclined. Backwards across one’s forehead so you can read it whenever you take a yet another selfie.
    The quote is an oldie but definitely a goodie and totally worthwhile thanks for posting. Cheers

2. Punkcity

Not rocket science.
    Not too demanding
    Not complex
    Not hard for the google generation
    Cheers

3. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    I just made it up from trying to say it another way. That was early this morning.

mr j likes this.
  4. Craps

Craps Well-Known Member

Do you?
    Can you?
    Good advice.

5. Frank Kneeland

Frank Kneeland Active Member Lineage to Founders

Professional Gambler
    I will not be able to answer that question fully until Monday. The BIG meeting was rescheduled. It is my understanding that the thrust of the organization is to create curriculum for 7-10 year olds with disability and or those from disadvantaged households. I'm just SUPER excited to be doing something like this.

Trying to help the next generation not have to make all the same mistakes we did is a dream job...

6. Frank Kneeland

Professional Gambler
    I got a few seconds between work. I may have actually understood what you said after re-reading it. I don't engage in such activities, but I get that's not entirely a bad thing, especially from an evolutionary perspective. Imagine where we would be if no member of the human race ever took a chance...

7. Frank Kneeland

Professional Gambler
    I have one tiny correction on this post...I hope you are not offended. There is no "law of Averages" within the field of mathematics. It's a lay term and misleading. Like how the general public thinks a "theory" = "guess"...

There is something called the "Law of Large Numbers" which is wildly misinterpreted and misquoted. Dan Paymar (now passed) and I wrote an article about this many years ago. I'll see if I can find it and post it. but not today... back to work.

~Be well.

8. Craps

Craps Well-Known Member

You are specific about this. Yes. LoA is a gamblers' fallacy to denote that things are 'overdue" thus betting against the run. Law of Large numbers is the long term version of the LoA. I just use LoA instead but there have to a substantial disparity, For an individual record against the house, how large is large enough? That is why a Martingale for the probability reason and Hit & Run for the very short term purpose is the ingredient. Not infallible but can be productive if your destiny is a favorable one. This is what I called playing very closely to the odds looking for small money.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  9. Frank Kneeland

Professional Gambler
    You mentioned "destiny" and it reminded me of a funny. My roommate's ex-wife has a daughter named Destiny. She came by the house when I was at work. When I came home my parking space was taken. Destiny finally came a calling and she just took my parking space. That I can say that without distorting the facts is simply hilarious...

10. Frank Kneeland

Professional Gambler
    Arrgh! You are asking for actual advice for the future. As of pre-pandemic I was making a good living on flawed promotions, mostly at local bars. (LV) You'd be amazed how often they err on the side of OMG this is awesome. I made a ton on "Must Hit By Progressives" though they were already in the processes of scaling back the percentages to the point where it was no longer viable as a full career before the covid fall. (I hear it's still BIG in Australia) I haven't gambled since the first day of quarantine and might never do so again.

Not because I lost money. More a "been there done that" sort of thing. It gets boring. And this is going to sound weird, but it's even more boring when you always win. Paychecks should not be the source of your self worth. What you did to get them should!

32 years is enough. I would like to leave a legacy of some sort, even if it's just a recipe for Pepper Chicken.

P.S. I also have bomb recipe for an Avocado--Cucumber--Buttermilk--Dressing--with Ethiopian Spices.

-------- to answer your question: learn the math and check out of the way seldom visted places and look for mistakes... You will find them.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  11. Frank Kneeland

Professional Gambler
    Since I mentioned it. Here's my Mother's Pepper Chicken Recipe.

Attached Files:

12. Lungyeh

Lungyeh Well-Known Member

Will pass to the mrs. She is the Omakase chef. Whatever she cooks I eat ...more so exclusively in this pandemic where I cannot travel

13. Craps

Craps Well-Known Member

I like to use the word destiny because it is so consoling. By the way, I am curious about the Baccarat team. How did it come about and how did you get involved?

14. Punkcity

Sorry you just wrote in an easy to understand format. As far as i can tell the the 7 or so points have been mentioned and discussed on many threads this forum , countless other forums , posted by yourself ,myself and numerous other posters previously. I know we are all talking into an echo chamber and everything gets repeated often enough .

My statement remains unchanged thank you for posting an epic post , an oldie but a goodie .
    Regardless of the altered vowels etc. A worthwhile post imho. Cheers

15. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    I had this to say about echo chambers lately.

Punkcity likes this.
  16. Frank Kneeland

Professional Gambler
    Oh my...what a question. ARRGH! This will be kinda free form and I'm not editing.

My mom liked Baccarat, because my Father won the money needed to complete the editing on a Movie he was making called "A Criminal Affair".
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062253/

Technically, it was Chemin de Fer, not Baccarat--but they are similar.

She got the bug and played when we moved to Vegas. She met people.

FIRST NAMES ONLY FOR THIS NEXT PART

She met a guy name Ron who wanted to invest in a system pitched to him by another guy named Rocky. Ron was worried about Rocky's honesty.

My Mother was kind enough to mention that I ran a SLOT-TEAM with 88 employees and was bonded for $250,000 and very (VERY) familiar with the booking and security issues associated with having people gamble with your money.

I met with Ron in a Hotel room and he gave me notes on "the system" Rocky had provided.

I spent a full week doing calculations and concluded that the system didn't alter expectation, it only severed to alter the fluctuation curve.

I met with Ron again at Alias Smith & Jones (old restaurant) and told him my conclusions.

Much to my shock and complete surprise, telling him that system was expected to lose didn't deter him one bit. He offered me a percentage to manage the money, the books, and the players.

Expecting there to be no profits I asked for a wage instead, and after confirming with him ONE-MORE TIME that he knew that I thought this was a bad idea agreed to at least make sure the money was lost on the tables.

It was.

17. Frank Kneeland

Professional Gambler
    It's a real people pleaser. You go up or down with the pepper depending on how spicy you want it. The secret is not being shy with the butter.

And make sure the Ritz Crackers are ground to fine powder.

Rice a Roni makes a good side dish. Or pasta...

18. Frank Kneeland

Professional Gambler
    remind me to answer this question Monday if I forget...

Lungyeh likes this.
  19. Craps

Craps Well-Known Member

So it's more like Ron wanted to test Rocky's system with a group of people he put together but needs you to supervise for him. So the venture was short lived.

20. Lungyeh

Lungyeh Well-Known Member

Frank, would you supervise a team playing OG betting Banker for a share of the spoils or for wages?