1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Craps How would you play this Craps Tournament?

Discussion in 'Craps Forum' started by Mark V, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Mark V

Mark V Active Member Lineage to Founders

Gambler, bikini contest judge, and lounge rat
    Attached are images of the flyer with the rules

basically it is:
    - $2000 in chips
    - 40 rolls per session
    - no hop bets or turning bets (take downs or turning off)
    - $25 bet min at all times on the pass or don't pass with every come-out roll

How would you play this to win?

Vetanen_10182015-s.jpg Vetanen_10182015_0001-s.jpg

2. Mark V

Mark V Active Member Lineage to Founders

Gambler, bikini contest judge, and lounge rat
    Results of the Craps tournament.

In a nutshell: I did not win.

I was in the second group for the first round. I played $200 Don't Pass with no odds and ONE $200 Don't come with no odds. For the first 25 rolls this worked out great and I was way up. Then a shooter rolled two sevens on a come out roll, then Set the point and rolled the seven. Then the next shooter got lucky and made the point two times, where the seven never showed up for the rest of the 40 rolls. On the last roll, many of the player went ALL IN on the Insides and the shooter on the last roll hit a six. That one hit put many other ahead of me in the tournament, however if the seven rolled I would have easily won that round.

They had a wild card drawing for the second round, and I did not win that drawing at all. And at the end they had 4 $250 raffles that I did not win.

The winners, interesting enough, where the local guys who play there frequently.

My take on this tournament is that skill is not really a factor here, where luck is is. I doubt I will enter such a tournament again.

Harley likes this.