1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Craps I can do the math and calculate house edge, but there is more to finding a strategy that fits...

Discussion in 'Craps Forum' started by AtGame7, Feb 25, 2015.

1. AtGame7

AtGame7 Guest

I can do the math and calculate house edge, but there is more to finding a strategy that fits your style/bankroll/loss limit than just that. If JUST the house edge were all that mattered then a don't pass with max odds is all we would ever play, right?

I'm comfortable with a minimum don't pass line bet (which is usually $10 but sometimes $5) and max odds against. Pretty straightforward. Odds are 10x where I play. I feel like my night is made or broken based on how many times I win my DP against the 4 and 10. Laying $200 to win $100 is great as a 2-1 favorite, except when you lose. I also feel like I get crushed on the frontline with a come out 7/11. When the min bet is $10 those can add up over the course of an evening that can last 10 hours for me.

I have toyed with a doey/don't and just played odds and I'm not gonna lie, I don't hate that play even though I know it's better mathematically to just take my lumps on the frontline 7/11.

I'm wondering if simply picking the 4 or 10 and laying it every time and paying the 5% juice is an alternative to even playing the line at all. I always get the number I want, I don't have to lay against the 6/8 (yea I know I don't ever have to, but I'm not one of those guys that picks up his bet when it lands on 6/8) and paying $5 each time I win is probably less expensive than all those $10 line bets swept in by the frontline looser.

Like I said earlier, if my night is going to be a winner/loser based on how well I do against the 4/10 why not cut to the chase and just start there?

Anyone?
    Statistics: Posted by AtGame7 — Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:58 am — Replies 18 — Views 637

Source.