1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Roulette I have a fun roulette question

Discussion in 'Roulette Forum' started by mr j, May 1, 2018.

1. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone Well-Known Member Lineage to Founders

Shoe Cobbler
    After 20k spins it's not the variance that gets you, it's the house edge. Variance is the smaller factor. (Flat betting.)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. Sharptracker

Sharptracker Well-Known Member

You can resist much more than 20k spins (flat betting and 20k spins played), especially with a 1 number bet.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  3. Bago

Bago Well-Known Member

Without knowing the starting bankroll and the size bet on this number, it's talking in the wind :D

4. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    The answer is simple to a Roulette expert. 13 people (approximately) will be in the positive because of the so called "law of thirds." Anyone that has studied individual number rates for hit distributions knows that the notion of a "law of thirds" tends to come true every cycle of 37 spins on the single zero wheel. This knowledge refutes the claims of Dr Sir AA. Chant all you want bozo. You are Gizmotron illiterate.

5. Bago

Bago Well-Known Member

To play 20K spins playing 1 number flat betting with 5$ chips, you would need a bankroll of 2700$ before it is all gone.

6. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone Well-Known Member Lineage to Founders

Shoe Cobbler
    Let's get one thing straight. The law of the thirds isn't going to help anyone win at roulette in the long run.

It was nothing more than a cover story by two professional VB players in the 1980s.

7. Sharptracker

If i remind well this "law of third" is not actually a mathematic law. I mean it shouldn't be called a law. And it is always the same problem... when you put the chips on the layout there are 37 numbers but we're paid 35+the winning bet. it just can be fun to gamble and to follow something but no more than that in my opinion.

Just in case for systems 's collector, i have some old systems (30/40 years ago) deal with it.

8. Sharptracker

Right, but do you risk to crash before those 20K spins? and could you go a bit further than 20k spin ?

By the way you were right also about the Anda. The guy at Metro told me that it was 99% same and they advise it to snack restaurant to make a Giant style. But maybe you'll notice the 1% :)

9. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    That's right. It's not a mathematical law.

If you don't like it being called a law then change the world. Good luck with that one.

It's worse than the payback ratio which is against you. You don't know which 4 numbers will go cold and from the remaining 24 numbers which 4 of those will heat up. That's the suggestion of thirds for you. I coined a new name for you so that you can refer to it only as a suggestion.

My suggestion is to bet the winners. That's the rule of groovy guys and groovy gals.

10. Sharptracker

I just say it because newbies tend to think it is a mathematical law and that it is 100% valid while it is more a finding.

I am agree, if i have to gamble i wouldn't be sleepers. There is no reason to bet a number that doesn't show up as there s also no reason to put more money when you're losing. I would bet a number that show up and i would put more money when i win...