1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Misc Is there such a thing as a "professional" gambler? Are Advantage Players "professionals"?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Gambling Forum' started by MrV, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Exoter175

Exoter175 Member

To you, its cut and dry because you have a predisposition about those who gamble and make a living. For you, the only "professionals" are those who are ruled over by a body that can revoke their ability to work "professionally".

Which is just wrong as it leaves out so many professionals out there. But hey, you're also the 12 year old homophobe who can't keep his mouth shut, so who am I to chastise you?

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

[q]Gambling can be a "trade"...like cake decorating. Both trades ..there is no entry qualifications, no code of conduct, no rules and regs. no over-seeing authority enforcing these things...and there is no way for the public to verify the claim of belonging to the professed group.[/q]
    Nope, there are cake bakers unions and professional cake designer and decorators. They have to get certification in most cases if they want to work for hotels and restaurants.

3. RS

RS Member

TLDR: Who the fuck cares who's "the best AP"? Exoter is not the best AP, nor is MickeyCrimm, nor is AxelWolf, nor am I, nor is ZenKing, nor is KewlJ. Get over it: You're not the best (and neither am I).

Larry, why does the word "professional" bother you so badly? Of the professional APs I know, they make enough money to be able to call themselves professionals. If you wanna go ahead and say the crack-addict whatever else person isn't a professional gambler...go ahead, but none of the APs I've met fit anything near that description. I don't really care, and I don't think anyone else here really cares about your opinion about them or their chosen profession. I just think it's funny it tears you up inside so badly. Plus, aren't you a professional ball washer or something like that? But hey, if you're into that kinda stuff, I'm not judging.

4. Mickey Crimm

Mickey Crimm Well-Known Member

I ran across something interesting yesterday. The Wyoming Statutes define "professional gambling" as

(A) Aiding or inducing another to engage in gambling, with the intent to derive a profit therefrom; or

(B) Participating in gambling and having, other than by virtue of luck or skill. a lesser chance of losing or a greater chance of winning than one or more of the other participants.

By their definition some of us here would be considered professional gamblers.

5. LarryS

LarryS Compulsive Liar Compulsive Liar

YOU make a false assumption that I am bothered. I am amused. People like yo make me smile. Kind of like kids in the playground pretending to be something they are not.
    It makes them happy. It makes you happy. It makes me smile
    Real professions....you cannot buy into them with cash. No matter how much you have.
    real professions--- you cant self declare membership.

so self declare you are a member of a profession....and a child can self declare he is an astronaut . Each of you make me smile. There is an innocence involved that amuses me

6. appistappis

appistappis Member

larry, sounds like you are a professional nigerian dealing witherer..............er.

7. LarryS

not only that..all you need is a PEN and paper, and or an internet connection, or a soap box at the park....and anyone can proclaim they are a "professional AP" OR A PROFESSIONAL SLICER AT THE DELI.

8. RarePepes

RarePepes New Member

How about a category for "Debates regarding the definition of the word 'Professional' that even the spergiest Star Trek fanboys would mock for being incredibly autistic"?

9. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

attorney at law (retired)
    Only the PROFESSIONAL Star Trek fanboys mock it.

RarePepes likes this.
  10. LarryS

11. LarryS

This dude is like the socially backward, slow thinker that feels insulted at a party, but takes to long to come up with a comeback...well after the topic changed. A perfect WOVer

Hey Rarepepes ....you have a small dick and you cant satisfy your whore wife

20 minutes later when the topic is on Afghanistan

Rarepepes:...."oh yeah......well, ummm........your penis is ummm too small ...too....and ummm your wife....is a whore....ummm also"

hey my bud.....just a tadd to late to the party

and I do mean blow up doll

12. LarryS

or a hypocrite who mocks someone trying to be the arbiter of the word "professional" while at the same time being trying to be the arbiter of the proper number of pages sufficient for a topic

13. Mickey Crimm

They should have thrown you in the oven too, homophobe.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  14. Mickey Crimm

This, from a bottomfeeding hustler, supporting his crack habit by vulturing penny line games.

Oh, exotardo! Oh, exalted one! Regale us with stories of sweating little old ladies on penny machines hoping you will get a $5 play.

Bwahahahaha

15. soxfan

soxfan Well-Known Member

My sole source of active income come from my baccarats play, hey hey.

16. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone Well-Known Member Lineage to Founders

Shoe Cobbler
    Soxfan,

Are you a sort/edge player, a hole carder, or counting the exotic side bets?

17. soxfan

soxfan Well-Known Member

In every baccarats shoe there is a mathematical expectation of 1-2-3 etc streak and I take advantage of that to profit regular. In fact, if every shoe play out according to that expectation then I would never lose, hey hey.

18. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Shoe Cobbler
    I don't see how you can get an edge that way. Are you sure that you're not just gambling?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  19. soxfan

soxfan Well-Known Member

That baccarats has been my fulltime gig for the past several year and very profitable so don't think I'm just gambling, hey hey.

20. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Shoe Cobbler