1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Lounge Issues with LarryS

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by redietz, Sep 15, 2016.

1. LarryS

LarryS Compulsive Liar Compulsive Liar

I spend a total of 20 minutes a day responding to posts.............everyone has that opportunity. 30 minutes on the days that I had longer fuller exchanges with Face.
    And 90 percent of my posts are responding to others. Its not like I am in a vacuum just umping out my opinion. THAT would be trolling. But the give and take, even with MC that may not be able to put 2 and 2 together in his state is just that give and take. Its NOT taking away the opportunityof others. I am on just 4-5 threads out of 100s. People who come to this site not interested in my commets are not visiting the threads I populate.

So you stated a fact. I have more posts that many or all...I dont keep track. So what? Its neither a badge of honor that I parade around with, nor is it a negative. Its just a fact and nothing can be extrapolated from it. It is what it is.

If it wasnt me, someone else would have the honor of holding that position of "most posts"

And as far as AXHOLE's declaration that as an AP he is happier than most americans who hate their jobs...I commented that most americans do a job that benefits society.....and went fromt here. My point is how dare he stand in superiority over the 9 to fivers......and presume his happines is of higher levels than the majority of people. The people who help society, even if they are bagging groceries....they have value.

Yeah I get it....the phrase TGIF didnt come from AP;s......SO WHAT....does that make APs "happier" than the TGIF folks? That is not an automatic....and that is what I discussed. I discussed his pompous assumption about happiness.

just because people are unhappy with their job doesnt mean they arent happy people. And then the survey has to be looked at....EVERYONE wishes they have more support at work and less stress. And they ca say they are unhappy with the working conditions but feel very satisfied with their value to society

Do all the listed surveys only tell half the story. People like myself have had a lifetime of very stressful daily work, with a satisfying payoff..I can look back in life and say to myself I have helped masses, and even saved some lives, made friends along the way......even if working in a understaffed stressful environment. Not just looking back in life...I can have that feeling of satisfaction daily as I go home, and weekly as I get my paycheck...guaranteed paycheck for the hours I put in.....something void in the life of an AP....job related.

So"facts" and "links" only tell part of the story.

The initial....look at me an AP and how happy I am compared to the working stiffs, is the context of my response

The exchange had nothing to do with polls about loving your job.

2. Fisk

Fisk Member

No argument. One's certainly fact, the other opinion. But I think we missed each other; I know I missed you a bit.

If you would like to communicate that "LarryS dominates the forum", you can just state it and let it exist as opinion, sure. Or you could go tot everything up and prove it as fact. For sure you could.

I guess what I was trying to say it that anytime you go further than the simple statement of fact, no matter the subject, the focus does belong to YOU YOU YOU, even if you're talking about another. For example, your claim that "LarryS posts the most" would be a statement of fact (assuming it is fact, and I believe it to be so). That's you talking about LarryS. But once you state that he "posts subjective views and hammers his perspective", I feel that's now YOU talking about YOU. Your opinion, your stance, all led to by your views and values.

Make sense? I SORTA does to me ;)

I feel the same about Larry. If Larry said "KJ has a higher percentage of posts about his personal situation than any other poster", that's a simple statement of fact. Anything passed that, no matter how often KJ is the subject, is Larry talking about Larry's opinions, views, values, etc. In other words, about Larry Larry Larry. His post that there's uneven treatment at WoV? Fact. His view that it's unfair, bad for business, shameful, disgraceful... some may be true, some may be agreed to by others, but that's still Larry talking about Larry's values and beliefs.

In my opinion, anyway. Hope that made sense, I'm quite distracted at the moment =/

3. LarryS

True, and I think we agree that the presentation of facts, lead to ones "opinion" on what those facts say.

So just by posting a dozen links that americans dislike their jobs.......doesnt prove that Axholewolf is happIer than americans that dislike their job.

There are alot of variables that go into those perceived "facts"......and those "facts" are not the be all and end all to the point being made.

Sometimes the extrapolation of the "facts" to make a delcaration is in error and can be challenged.

The ownership of "facts" does not mean a slam dunk in the "i win" category.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  4. RS

RS Member

Larry, you clearly didn't understand Axel's point about happiness. Again, you read something, twist around the words, extrapolate something that wasn't there, to say something that isn't true. I've already explained it more than a few times, so don't ask for another explanation....it'd be a waste of both of our times.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  5. LarryS

yes it would because all you do is make declarations and offer no proof, no quotes, no links, no examples.

just blowing smoke this whole thread.

no meat on those bones

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  6. LarryS

Plus for Face

there is a difference between me giving an opinion on a wide variety of points on a thread with a slant that screams that this is the opinion of me me me.

And continually bringing up a topic about me me me..............and giving an opinion about it, that is of course screaming this is the opinion of me me me.
    In this case a double dose of me me me.....the topic choice and the opinion

7. redietz

redietz Well-Known Member

I could be wrong on this, but I thought those listings of studies were simply to demonstrate that LarryS was wrong regarding Americans liking their jobs. Listing studies didn't address AP happiness (didn't see any of those studies listed), didn't address value-laden job worth. Listing studies just showed that there was plenty of evidence that Americans do not like their jobs, and do not like them to an extent seen in few other countries.

Therefore, what AWolf was doing was demonstrating that LarryS was wrong regarding Americans reported dislike for their jobs.

So why not just admit one was wrong? This reminds me of that Happy Days episode where Fonzie has to admit that he was wrong. The word gets stuck coming out of his mouth somewhere between the O and the N.

8. LarryS

when an Ap implies that he is happier than most american that hate their job...and that most of the APs he knows loves their job.......what do those surveys prove
    Do those surveys prove that the people who dont like their jobs arent happoy uin life? Arent happy with the money their job pays and the certainty of the paycheck every week or 2? Are they not happy with their friends and relatives, and family where the money from their job allows them to spend time with those folks in fun places. Are they unhappy getting 401k matching and accumulating a nice nest egg for retirement so they can enjoy their old age? Are they happy getting 4 weeks vacation paid in full every year....and paid sick days, and insurance. Is that type of stuff in those "surveys"???? Those surverys are address nothing like that.....no do they address the overall happiness of the people. Does it address the stress that some APs have when they go a longer period of no income or small income, or uncertain income? Surveys such as that are hollow in the context of someone saying that they are in a better "place" in this world compared to the majority of folks that dislike their job.
    THAT is an extrapolation that just is not in the realm of logic

That list of surveys proves nothing about APS vs 9-5 ers.

Especially since 9-5 ers take alot for granted and have no clue how much they are actually getting paid hourly, when you add in the insurance, the sick/personal days, the paid vacation, the 401k matching.

Those surveys do nothing to SUPPORT axholeWOLF who was bragging how he as an AP is better off over those folks who hates their jobs.

And those surveys do not address or support that declaration

9. AxelWolf

AxelWolf Well-Known Member

Guess
    Please quote where I said that larry. Don't make shit up inflate or assume. Just the facts. Most Americans don't like their jobs, most AP's I have talked to really like what they do and have a tremendous amount of freedom. You're taking what I said out of context. I already said I wasn't talking about peoples personal life and happiness.

I do know most of my 9-5 friends don't like their jobs and are living paycheck to pay check oftentimes asking to borrow money. I do know many 9-5res I have talked to don't really like their jobs.

Advantage play concerning heath insurance, sick days etc is no difference than a small business owner. There's no difference in AP and owning a small business some people do well, some people fail. Some people have others to cover them during sick or personal days, some don't. Some have heath insurance some don't some dislike what they do some absolutely love their business.

There's lots of perks that come with advantage play. There's not many realistic things I would rather be doing.

10. redietz

redietz Well-Known Member

Again, one of my issues with the way Larrys debates people is that he doesn't directly quote them. As Mickey Crimm said elsewhere, he paraphrases, then proceeds to disembowel the paraphrase. This is, as Mickey said, a form of straw man argumentation.

Above, for example, he says "when an AP implies." Well, that is not a direct quote, and it's not a direct quote for a reason. LarryS is making a case, and he needs to pin down Axel as having said something that he cannot find a direct quote for. So he interprets for the reader, and says Axel implies this or implies that.

One could read what I've just written and decide that I'm implying that the moon is made of cheese or that I have a mancrush on Axel. That doesn't make it so, unless I've ACTUALLY SAID IT.

As an old journalism dude, I hate this stuff. If you're going to try to argue against somebody, don't paraphrase them. Don't interpret for the reader by declaring that your debate opponent is implying this or suggesting that.

11. RS

RS Member

LOL at LarryS's made up stuff, again.

Axel said (something like) most 9-5'ers hate/dislike their job. The studies he posted confirms this. I don't remember Axel saying anything about overall happiness in life regarding the 9-5'ers, nor any type of superiority over them or anything of the sort. Originally, a question was asked as to why someone would want to be an AP, and Axel responded because he said he likes his job (AP).

The APs that I know and have talked to, say they like what they do and enjoy their job as being an AP.

I have no idea what overall happiness would have to do with this "debate" or whatever, as that has nothing to do with any of this. Someone can work 9-5 and love their life or hate their life, just as much as an AP can love or hate their life as well.

Or perhaps Larry is JEALOUS OF APs. He reads things APs write, like, "I enjoy my job" or "I have a flexible schedule" or "I have no boss to answer to", he gets jealous, because he hates/hated his 9-5 job, and thinks the APs are somehow trying to condem 9-5 workers, when in reality, it's just the answering of a simple question: "Do you like your job?"

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  12. OneArmedBandit

OneArmedBandit Active Member

Larry you spend minimum 8-10 hours a day on here.
    Then you alter egos spend the remaining 14 hours

AxelWolf likes this.
  13. AxelWolf

Guess
    I would almost agree. Not to mention he reads and follows WOV's every last post. He claims to not have an account at WOV however a mod seemed to be confident he did(a former investigator)

Perhaps he uses someone else's account or something like that so technically he doesn't have an account he just uses someone else's account or something. He's been a known multiple sockpuppeter. <<<<<Talk about pathetic.

He also reads and posts at other forums.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  14. OneArmedBandit

Axel

Your analogy is spot on Larry posts on multiple forums under multiple names this forum included.
    Yes he IS on WOV non stop, he's an expert with IP proxies. Thus his "scent" can't be tracked down. Once cornered he creates other accounts to spread false accusations about the person(s) who have called him out.
    He truly is a predator of the worst kind.

15. AxelWolf

Guess
    I hear Larry has been Hamming it up for a long time now, even before the internet was a thing probably one of them oddball types that were into stuff like phreaking-trolling. I would actually guess he's actually above average with such things like that since he's spent so much time alone. He's probably not as advanced with the internet but I'm sure his children are good with the internet. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a designated basement or garage where he goes to do all this stuff. Again he's probably one of them people who in person are very antisocial, because they grew up as a social outcast. Since he doesn't really have anything interesting to say he tries to get his attention from being a disruptive trouble maker and an elaborate troll.

Larry is full of QRM.

P.S. Using terms like predator in the context I assume you mean is scummy of you. It's stuff like that that keeps legitimate people from actually posting here. People read that stuff and they don't want to participate on a forum where it's possible someone might call them something as terrible as that or be associated with a site that allows that. Someone might read and misinterpret or actually believe because they don't understand the history between the members.

16. OneArmedBandit

Axel

When said person has opened up multiple accounts that sole intention is to slander a person without direct knowledge is the definition of the word predator. So if the shoe fits

17. LarryS

well now that we are bringing family into it....maybe you and your unhappy 9-5er pharmacy technician will have children, and then I can make declarations about your children.....raised by one happy and one unhappy parent .

She must envy you....you are so much happier than her since she is one of the "most" americans you compare yourself to. But at least she has a stream of 13 dollars an hour flowing into the household and a regular paycheck.

18. AxelWolf

Guess
    Never said anything bad about them, my point was.... whatever if any lack of new computer skills you might be bad with, peoples children usually come to their parents aid. As someone mentioned here their children set up VPN's or whatever without their knowledge. Don't twist yet more of my posts. I'm sure you have wonderful children and I'm happy she has a job.

I though you had a son as well for some reason?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  19. Mickey Crimm

Mickey Crimm Well-Known Member

I'm sober today and LarryS is still a troll. He only has himself to blame.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  20. LarryS

good