1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Land in cash at MTTs

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Rochak08, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Rochak08

Rochak08 Guest

Hello to everyone,

I joined this forum just today. I have been playing Poker recreationally for about five years but just recently (couple of months) started taking it a bit more seriously. I have been spending a good chunk of my time (10-20 hrs/wk) just playing at BetOnline and reading up anything I can find online when I am not involved in a hand. I have downloaded Poker software that tracks all the hands that you play and have been trying to figure out how to incorporate the information in it into my play.

All the numbers like VPIP and PFR suggest that my play is tight and aggressive, which is the correct way to play. I also feel that I am doing a lot of the fundamental things according to the textbook but I haven't cashed in at any of the last 20 or so tournaments that I have played. Particularly, in the last 5-7 tournaments, it seems that I keep getting to later rounds and take an exit right before the cash rounds. Another recurring problem is that I build stacks that put me in the top ten of the chip lead and I slowly get whittled down and lose it all before the cash rounds.

Any suggestions? I am just trying to figure out if something is wrong or if it is just a bad streak. Have you guys experienced this in your journey also?

Thank you.

Source.