1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Blackjack Life on the Road

Discussion in 'Blackjack Forum' started by houyi, Feb 26, 2015.

1. houyi

houyi Guest

Hi all,

When I first joined the forum, I was thinking about quitting my job in finance to AP full time. I eventually decided against that and have been simply playing part time the past year. I had a good year APing (high 5 figures) and with my lucrative day job I've got a bankroll well in the 6 figures. By the end of this year I should know whether I'm on the road to upper management at my firm. I'm not exactly sure if I even want to be, but if I am not I need to decide what I will be doing. I'd like to revisit the possibility at least of playing full time. So, for the traveling full timers here, a few questions:

1) What kind of vehicle do you recommend? I'd like something comfortable if I need to crash where there's not a decent hotel in sight, but something about the most logical choice for that (hippie van) rubs me the wrong way for some reason (maybe it's just my generation?).

2) Fitness is important to me. How do you stay in shape? Nationwide gym membership (any suggestions)? YMCA?

3) How long do you generally stay in a "region" before moving on? Or is that highly dependent on a region's specific heat level?

I would greatly appreciate any thoughtful advice.

Source.