1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Looking for advice on WSOP Main ($1.2K satty) hand

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Poker Advice Latest, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Feel like it was terrible play on my part or maybe I'm overthinking it?

Entering Level 4 (200/300/300bb ante). My stack was a little over the 25k starting stack; probably around 30k or so. I should mention that villain and I clashed in prior level on a hand that went down to the river on heavy betting. I ended up mucking two pair to a river raise on a 4 card to a straight board. Went runner runner to give him his gutter straight. He called each street with top pair.

Hand in question:

Folds around to late position villain (approximately 60K) who makes it 1k. Look down to see two black aces. 3 bet to 3K. He flats.

Flop - Jc9c3d

I lead for 4.1K. Villain raises to 9K...

Approximately 20k in pot at this point.

Action?

I thought about it for about a minute or so. I couldn't get the previous hand we were in together out of my mind. I gave him credit for a hand, but thought he was taking advantage of that situation.

Anyway, had about 24K behind or so and I end up jamming. He takes about 20 or 30 seconds which made me think that my thought (hope?) of him having something like AcKc or even QQ or KK was correct. He ends up calling and flips 99 for the flopped set.

Turn - 7c gave me some more outs, but the River 10s just teased me with the color.

GG, me.

After thinking about it during the drive home, I feel like it's the classic overplaying an over pair situation. However, taking a line of c-bet, fold to a reraise seems awfully nitty. In retrospect, I guess I could've flatted his raise and hope that he slow down with the scary turn card (using 20/20 hindsight, obv). Regardless, even if I take that line, I've gotta either fold to a likely river bet or making a crying river call if he bets for less than my stack.

I'd really like to hear what some poker minds have to say about it...this one stings...

Thanks in advance for any input.

Source.