1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Roulette Martingale alternative (Carsch)

Discussion in 'Roulette Forum' started by TwoUp, Jul 11, 2022.

1. David Gregory

David Gregory Active Member

Quit being stupid.

2. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    Just letting you speak. You are such a boring version of how wonderful the Martingale is.

3. David Gregory

Comming from you, that's a very nice comment. Thank you. I do not blame you for not liking the Marty, it sure crushed you.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
  4. gizmotron

Retired
    Go suck eggs. You are not going to survive your education. All Marti players blow up. This is a 300 year old issue. You are not the exception. You are just the same blowhard crap that every other marti player spews.

Nathan Detroit likes this.
  5. gizmotron

Retired
    It's "marti" not Marty. It's short for Martingale. Get with the program. You didn't acquire a million bucks. You are not that smart.

6. David Gregory

I have 13 patents issued to me. Yeah I know, it takes a real dummy to achieve that.

7. David Gregory

• Violation of Rule #1: Be Respectful
    I'll call it whatever I like. You correct me, so I'll correct you. It's not Gizmotron, it's Giz-moron.

8. gizmotron

Retired
    troll

9. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

Either way is correct. Marti is short for Martindale, Marty is the slang version. They both spell loser.

10. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

Patents for male sex toys don't really count.

11. David Gregory

Oh but they do. They earn a million times more than you do.

12. Jimske

Jimske Well-Known Member Founding Member

I hadn't read this threat until now. I got a kick out of how this (and others) fizzled! One thing I realized is how far above my pay grade some of you are when it comes to analysis!

However, the basic truth of the quoted statement is probably known by anyone who has seriously contemplated this game. Kitchen table or not. So it begs the question, "Can dispersion be reduced without subjectivity?" The 60 millions dollar question, huh? Stetson Bailey suggested that the BS XXYY is a good way to attempt this. Maybe. So far I haven't achieved it without some guessing. I believe the guessing can be minimized but it's the guessing that makes it gambling.

The discussion of progressions makes it obvious that some are better than others. Pairing a particular BS with a particular progression may be the best one can ask for AND may lead to success.

J

13. Georgie

Georgie Member

Thanks for the progression chart.

For those interested, following is a useful chart for Grand Martingale progression on Single Dozens in Roulette. The credit for this chart belongs to ROULETTE MASTER on YouTube.

upload_2022-10-20_19-57-57.png

14. TwoUp

TwoUp Well-Known Member

Unknown
    I mentioned elsewhere on this site the Penny Ante game provides some very interesting insights.

For example the waiting time for XYY is much shorter than YYY, basically its 7/8 vs 1/8.

If you look at the outcomes as a stream the occurances of XYY and YYY in the stream are the same, even though the waiting times for each pattern are vastly different. Note that once you do get YYY the next Y is also match on YYY. So understanding this, the majority of occurances of YYY are clustered. One can simply stand aside until the next X and significantly reduce the number of YYY nemises patterns they face, that X is also the start of a potential XYY pattern which is why XYY beats YYY 7/8 of the time.

15. gizmotron

Retired
    None of this accounts for swarms of YYY or XYY. Swarm movements, or clusters, are as common as these feature formations as sleepers. What matters is the concept of a global effect. The best way to see the possibility is in seeing a sleeping dozen or the two zeros being inactive for 100 spins or more. These deviations from normal state are advantages. You just have to know how to exploit them. Expecting normal states to continue is wishful thinking and has been described as "gambler's fallacy." So all I'm saying is that at times I agree with your observations and at other times I don't.

16. TwoUp

TwoUp Well-Known Member

Unknown
    A load of gizzatron bullshit.

Penney's game is an area of ongoing mathematical research not your hand waving nonsense.

17. gizmotron

Retired
    I'm OK with you using gambler's fallacy, even if you pretend that math somehow supports it. 3 things happening in a row, any three things,like XXX, YYY, or XYY all have the same chance of occurring. If you don't know this then you are likely to impress only the suckers that think you know what's happening. Thanks for today's laugh.

18. TwoUp

TwoUp Well-Known Member

Unknown

No fallacy you don't understand math, intransitivity, waiting time or stream vs block matching.

Read up on penneys game there is a lot of published research. Here are some videos that only scratch the surface:

XXX can only occur before YXX if it happens on the very first 3 results which is 1/8. YXX is guaranteed to beat XXX if it doesn't happen right off the bat and hence has a 7/8 probabilty to occur BEFORE XXX.

As I have already said when looking at the results as a stream the occurances of both patterns are the same. If you instead break the stream into blocks then overall occurances of XXX are less. For example when we see YXXXXY in the stream of outcomes this is 1 match on YXX and 2 matches on XXX. if we break it on a block basis YXX|XXY we still have 1 match on YXX and zero matches on XXX. This way the overall occurances of XXX will be far less than YXX.

Jimske likes this.
  19. gizmotron

Retired
    This is too funny. Past spins don't effect the next outcome. The next spin is still less than 50% in Roulette. You should get 4 times more XYX for those expecting XYY through magical math. That's because XYXX is logical for the next magical expectation. But XYXY is way better because I want it to be. Confirmation bias is way better if 97% of scientist all agree. That's 97% of funded scientists that is. The other 3% are cancelled.

BTW, where is the throng of gamblers exploiting Penney's game? That missing link is better than a caveman flying an airplane.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
  20. TwoUp

TwoUp Well-Known Member

Unknown
    No-one is suggesting past spins influence the future, thats reading randomness nonsense.

What is funny how even basic logical arguments fly right over your head.

you want us all to accept the proposition that Gizzatron is right and all of science, math and logic is wrong