1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

TurboGenius Merry Christmas to all

Discussion in 'TurboGenius's Forum' started by TurboGenius, Dec 25, 2021.

1. TurboGenius

TurboGenius Well-Known Member Founding Member

Self proclaimed Theoretical Philosopher
    Sadly yes. I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas - go figure.
    You would think it would be a basic and simple thread filled with good will and cheer.....
    Not on a forum where ignorance roams free.

Ka2 likes this.
  2. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    No, you are all wrong. The best cure is to die. Once you are dead you can't get it anymore.

3. TurboGenius

You clearly can't read or understand the words I said. Then again you are just trolling as usual.

4. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Active Member

(Mic drop)

5. TurboGenius

It's in the link I posted that Benas doesn't know how to read.
    People who had covid from the beginning of it right up to people who have caught it recently have immunity now.
    The level of protection for these people far surpasses what any vaccine can provide.

6. eugene

eugene Well-Known Member

Flu Season cases in U.S.

2012-2013 = 34,000,000
    2013-2014 = 30,000,000
    2014-2015 = 30,000,000
    2015-2016 = 24,000,000
    2016-2017 = 29,000,000
    2017-2018 = 45,000,000
    2018-2019 = 36,000,000
    2019-2020 = 38,000,000
    2020-2021 = 1,822

Where did the flu go to? :eek:

If they used the same cycle threshold that the PCR test for 'covid' uses, then god knows what the flu figures would be!
    Actually that's probably a rhetorical question because the figure would be anything that they wanted it to be. :banghead:

Nathan Detroit likes this.
  7. Benas

Benas Active Member

Looking for peoples who play better...
    I think all are directly opposite to what you say - you attacked me when I said that best protection is vaccination + infection! What you here not liked?

Sure, that I said - vaccination !!!:D
    And even more not like that I asked facts because them you not have !!!

All is very simple...

Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone likes this.

8. Nathan Detroit

Nathan Detroit Well-Known Member Founding Member

What next ? Suggestion to believe the WHO ?

9. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone Well-Known Member Lineage to Founders

Shoe Cobbler
    I've read that if you've had the China Virus, and then received the vaccine that you develop super immunity. That is the BEST protection. They also say that the Omicron will help bring about the end of the pandemic because it is so contagious, yet milder.

I also know people that have had the original strain but have also contracted the latest virus as well.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    mr j and Fossell like this.
  10. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

A total of 8630 participants and 633 cases from four independent prospective cohort studies were included in the present meta-analysis. A higher dietary saturated fat intake was significantly associated with an increased risk of 39% and 105% for Alzheimer disease and dementia, respectively. This meta-analysis provides significant evidence of positive association between higher saturated fat intake and AD and dementia risk.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29701155/

11. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Shoe Cobbler
  12. GaryG

GaryG Active Member

What was the diet? Were they feeding the people just fat? Or burgers (sugar and fat) diet?

Are the actual studies listed? So I could see what they ate?

13. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

Google is your friend. There are dozens of peer-reviewed studies the show a link between saturated fat and dementia and Alzheimer's. It's been suspected since the 80s but it's only been the last 10 years that study after study has shown the link. You point out that the human race thrived on eating meat. They also thrived on dying really young and most of them never got old enough to develop dementia. Or even heart disease. Before 1900 heart disease was almost unknown because nobody lived long enough to get it. The average lifespan for a man in 1900 was 46 years old. The further back in history you go the shorter it gets. I know this, I gave up red meat over a year ago. And the only chicken I eat now is skinless chicken breasts. I eat a lot of fish and seafood. I also gave up eating cheese and butter which are just solid bricks of saturated fat. The few people that I've talked about this with usually get angry because they don't want to believe it. Because half their diet, half the things they like, contain saturated fat. That's cool, eat what you want nobody's getting out of this alive. Might as well enjoy yourself while you're here. I got my yearly physical two weeks ago my blood pressure is so low for a senior citizen my doctor took it three times cuz he couldn't believe it. My resting blood sugar is 85. My cholesterol and triglycerides are normal for a teenager. And it's all because of what I eat.

14. Naughty but nice

Naughty but nice Well-Known Member

Anychance for the 1800's as 1900's had two world wars. Vietnam. A lot of lives shortened

15. Naughty but nice

Naughty but nice Well-Known Member

Spike

If you watch TV series Yellowjackets; They catch a deer. Do you know how hard to keep the meat edible without a fridge?

Another TV series 10’000-year-old man; caught a deer and couldn’t stop it rotting, its pelt was infested with maggots. Was it any wonder they died early?

As for eating plants we don’t break them down well.

According to the experts you can thank having a good brain down to eating cooked meat. The easier the meat was to eat, the brain had time to get better. Would eating veg got us too where we are today?

16. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

Wars have nothing to do in the long run with life spans. Before 1900 what killed most people were infectious diseases like influenza, tuberculosis, pneumonia, the list is almost endless. Almost nobody lived along enough to develop the diseases that kill old people now. Senior citizens made up a very small part of the population compared to now.

17. TurboGenius

This isn't true, but there's no reason to argue about it.
    If you do research, you will see that people long ago didn't live any shorter or longer lives than we do now.
    It's simply a matter of what data is used to make the argument either way.
    If you look at 5 year olds for example - age 73-75 life expectancy was normal as far back as Victorian
    times and well before that, the same as it is today.
    If you only look at specific data though - you can make this amount anything you want.
    But anyway, not worth the debate over, it's been sorted out already by the experts and we aren't
    living any longer than we ever did - a few years at best.

mr j likes this.
  18. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

In 1900 4% of the population was over 65 in the United States. In 2020 17% of the population was over 65. Why was it not 17% in 1900. Because on average most people died before they got to be senior citizens. Most people did not live long enough to get the diseases that plague old people today. There was no Senior Care industry in 1900 because there just wasn't enough old people to take care of. To quote an article I just read, before 1900 "old age was a rarity." Here's a trick question nobody ever gets right. Before 1900 going back as far as you want in history, what was the number one killer of humanity. It was infant mortality. The chances of you dying in childbirth or dying before the age of 5 were huge. Another question nobody ever gets right. What was the number one killer of women before 1900 throughout history. Childbirth of course. If their first baby didn't kill them their third or fourth baby probably would. This is why older men always looked for really young women to be their second or third wives. So they had a better chance of living through childbirth. If a woman had 12 children the chances were good that only seven of them would ever see adulthood.

19. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Shoe Cobbler
    We are living longer because of modern chemistry and technology. Various cancers are now treatable. Heart arrhythmias are treated via pacemakers, and diabetes type 1 is no longer a fatal disease. We are now even experimenting with drugs to slow down the methylation of our telomers in our mitochondrial DNA...which are largely responsible for lifespan.

20. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

That's why the year 1900 is the key year. In the 20th century things changed rapidly in medicine. Life expectancy up like a rocket in the 20th century. For men that went from 46 in 1900 to almost 60 in 1930. They say that before 1900 if you were sick and went to see a doctor your chances of dying actually went up because they had no idea what they were doing. They were likely to make you more sick then to make you better. They were good at setting broken bones and helping with childbirth, but with helping you get over a disease they were awful. It wasn't until the 1870s that doctors in hospitals started washing their hands in between surgeries. That's how ignorant they were. They would go from operation to operation spreading disease. People who say they pine for the good old days have no idea what they're talking about.