1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat Oscar's grind + baccarat

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by BeJustRich, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Myrtlejones

Myrtlejones Active Member

OG needs a certain criteria to make it work, when you run through a shoe and the possible out come of hitting 50 to 55 % and you become a loser of the shoe, well this is not going to get you to the finish line.

2. soxfan

soxfan Well-Known Member

I made profit well and regular for just over 12 year buckin up against the baccarats for my fulls time gig, usin a progression. Of course, the mathite and ap-wiseguy say that 12 years of fulls time play is too small the samples size, hey hey.

3. soxfan

soxfan Well-Known Member

Jae never stated but I imagine his nets profits per shoe gonna be in the +5 units range. It's difficult to get better than that and yer gonna lose a percentage of yer profits when bettin bankers only but again just the cost of doin business. If ya want to earn more profits just increase yer base units bets, simple, hey hey.

4. Punkcity

Punkcity Well-Known Member

CEO, manager of sublease my account name.inc
    Troll tag team one accounts head , Skipptophia.
    Lol.
    Go back through the thread and read, comprehend. , you really are making a fool of yourself. You have some good posts but you are starting to go south mentally, by putting you on ignore I do miss out on the unfortunately/ increasingly rare excellent piece of worthwhile dialogue you used to contribute, lacking of late. You may not feel embarrassed but I emotionally cringe for you lately. The safety net for you is keep dealing, stop playing as you imho have no idea
    Cheers ( that’s a sympathetic cheers for you )

5. Baccarat Nation

Baccarat Nation New Member

Here is how I'm using Oscar's grind

Punkcity likes this.
  6. Rinad

Rinad Active Member

what I would like to know from Jae since he has played OG from like august, is if you look at you look at your data ,sessions, do you see that you would still not lose that 2000 units by just going for it, without waiting for the -20 units loss at the beginning ?
    something tells me you would of still come out ahead but I dont know ???
    thanks,

7. hamsup_sotong

hamsup_sotong New Member

@Jae there are times during the grind where the bets go relatively high. would you recommend reducing the bets further ? like for example when the count is 67/58

so instead of going 58 since its within 2 bets to resolve i reduce the bet to 67 /34

cheers
    hammy

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021

8. Punkcity

Probably best to keep it to the required bet unit required of 58 units. The reason being if you win next hand at 58 leaves you at -9 units then you drop your bet to say 9 or 10 units ( depending on if you are doing the -20 units before starting as per Jae method) it wins and you are done and dusted.

To follow the logic of your post reference to drop to the 34 units wage at this stage is falsely assuming you are “guaranteed” to win the next 2 hands. There is no guarantee in this game. The grind is designed to eliminate as many degenerate gambling as possible.

So if you drop to 34 units and lose next bet what is your next bet ?
    34?
    58?
    Remember now you are down 100 odd units now. The hole just gets deeper. So in an effort to pinch pennies you are costing yourself big dollars. It’s better to be fully aware and totally committed to the full range of your allocation, physically, emotionally and mentally of bankroll in any betting system you use. If it’s Oscar, Mary, ladder whatever stay the course, get cold feet and wuss out then you will never succeed.
    That is just a random advice from a random fraudstar on the interverse. Pay it no attention. Cheers

hamsup_sotong, Andrew and Jae like this.
  9. Rinad

Rinad Active Member

good point to the "reducing the bets issue" , since if you are suppose to make a 68 unit bet and wins you could be home just in winning a few, but as you reduce it ,it will take you longer where you could of been home free with the bigger bets.
    and by playing it for fun I saw you can dig a whole so deep if your bet is lower then it should be you will be stuck in a quick sand for ever not able to make it. underneath the OG is a direct relation between our bets and our debts, and we only add one unit after a win, so it means when we are down 200+ units ,we really can anticipate a short window of wins at some time in a very realistic way, and not just a "gambler's fallacy" idea.

Punkcity likes this.
  10. Jimske

Jimske Well-Known Member Founding Member

"it will take longer" Yes, anytime you do something to reduce escalation on one end it will reduce profits on the other end. And. . . that reduction in profits could come out to be zero for all your efforts but .. . then again, zero is not a loss.

hamsup_sotong, Punkcity and Rinad like this.
  11. Punkcity

Good post

12. Punkcity

Equally good post.

13. hamsup_sotong

hamsup_sotong New Member

thanks for the replies guys.
    guess I'm just asking as the only tables i have on stadium are banker 1/2price on wins 6. it makes you wince at higher bet levels especially when they come at the back end :).

cheers
    hammy

14. Punkcity

Do you keep a record of your play?

Don’t necessarily lament the 1:2 price payments, I find them more profitable than the commission table upstairs. Example
    in a shoe you are betting only banker.
    Let’s say you bet on 40 banks at a 5% commission at what ever unit value you are using. Simple flat bet example of using $100 per bet x 40 bets = $4000 less 5% commissions
    =$4000-40x$5:00($200)
    =$3800

now on 1:2 price table
    Same 40 betting bank only
    Same $100 unit
    Sometimes you get 3 x 1/2 price in a shoe $4000-$150=$3850
    Often you get only 1 x 1/2 per shoe
    Often you don’t see a 1/2 bank win in 5 shoe

Sometimes it’s just an adjustment of perception. Even when I used to large bet Marty years ago( before my preference for flat betting now) the cost of doing business on a 1/2 price table versus a commission table, I took the 1/2 price table always . On a commission table you a guaranteed to pay 5% every bank win whereas on 1/2 you can and do dodge the bullet more often than not

imho

So if you keep record you can easily check your own personal returns and check you already played results and submit the bet value as a 5% commish return versus 1/2 price.
    Maybe worth your while. Cheers

15. hamsup_sotong

hamsup_sotong New Member

hi @Punkcity , I kept records Just need to go through them have a clearer picture. Thanks for the advice once again cheers
    hammy

16. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

The half price 6 or any form of ez bac is going to either be more or less beneficial fir you in the short run. In the long-term it’s going to come out pretty close to the same thing you’d expect with a commission game. My advice is to accept the half price wins when they come as part of doing business and not to make any alterations or modifications to your system after you’re affected by it. If you have an extremely big bet out, or say you are using a martingale on your final tier, just put a few dollars on the bonus bet to hedge it out. That way if it hits on a big bet, you won’t have to take a significant loss.

17. hamsup_sotong

hamsup_sotong New Member

thanks @Jae , guess the ups and downs are par for the course.

in general how many shorter runs do you go through on average b4 a lengthier session, say a deficit of 500+ units?

cheers
    hammy

18. Punkcity

Would be interested in your results ( commish v 1/2 price) if you care to share. Cheers

19. hamsup_sotong

hamsup_sotong New Member

Will do, I'm busy atm will try and get some out during the weekend :)
    Not that many though. only kept note of the really messy grinds rather than the straight forward ones lol
    cheers
    hammy

Punkcity likes this.
  20. hamsup_sotong

hamsup_sotong New Member

ok only have a little that are pretty clear at the moment hahhaha. I'll take more as we go along. all tested live btw :)

total wins in units for banker : 3888
    5% : 194.4 ( -70.4)
    b6 : 340 (-216)

( ) are overall profits less comms. Only a small sample size btw that's 4 messy shoes lol