1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Playing tired.

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Polytarp, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Polytarp

Polytarp Guest

I thought I should write this since I'm not the only one who gets in this situation.
    Last night I played some small stakes games to qualify for games worth at least 100X more. I qualified for the games I wanted but lost my original stake because I really didn't care if I won these qualifying matches..(BIG MISTAKE...you should always care!)
    I also played some late registration (last 10 minutes or so) MTT's that had smallish fields where the chip leaders were still within reach. In one game I became an overall chip leader and would have easily coasted into some money but I was tired and made one too many raises and finished with nothing. Again, I had no fear in making these bets because they were good but there is a point where you need to stop and let the smaller stacks take each other out.
    So, as long as you can eat your losses and sleep soundly afterward then the above mistakes are inconsequential...but there is no way this is acceptable when being in the money is at least a four figure payout. For example, fighting your way through a sub-satellite, satellite then getting into the destination game is a time-consuming endeavor so be prepared...especially if you multi-table.

Source.

2. TEACH (AlSpath)

TEACH (AlSpath) Active Member Founding Member

Poker Instructor
    More than just tired, flawed approach to playing poker. Identify the reason for playing, have a game plan, don't screw around and extract value every time you play or your efforts and time are meaningless.

Spinning your wheels in snow or mud is not moving forward. If you want your career to improve (along with winnings), admit you have a problem (not just tired), and deal with it head on. If you want to languish as mediocre, continue your lazy leaks in your overall game.

Colette likes this.