1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker poker, no limit or limit, what is your preference and why?

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by jfofla, Sep 16, 2018.

1. jfofla

jfofla Guest

I prefer pot limit, as this does not give kamicaz players a chance to ruin a match.

Source.

2. TEACH (AlSpath)

TEACH (AlSpath) Active Member Founding Member

Poker Instructor
    I disagree, more cards, more idiots staying in and sucking out...

3. DRAikens

DRAikens Member Lineage to Founders

Maintence tech / operator
    jfofla: you said limit and no limit, not pot limit, pot limit is a third variation of holdem, stud, Omaha and other types of poker. what you are talking about weather you know it or not, is the style of betting, which differs in all of them. pot limit is just putting a ceiling on no limit by making that the max possible bet. were no limit has no ceiling. limit the bets at each stage are the limits, which start when cards are dealt, you bet, then the flop you bet, the turn you bet the river last bet. and raising on each bet is limited also. lets call limit poker what it is, it is draw poker, which means it does not cost much to draw, were as no limit can cost you your whole stack to draw. this means you play all three different. as for idiots, i have seen them been one and still every now and then i will gamble, of coarse i like good odds to gamble most of the time. so what is and idiot, a person who plays any two cards and gambles. you will find people views of how others play will differ with everyone including me. i do draw the line on any two cards unless i am in late position and you have 4 or more players in the pot. if i am going to gamble i at least like to get 4 x's the money i put in. i play all variations, yet no limit seems to be the one i play the most, i would rather push someone out to stop them from drawing out, yet if you play low limits online you will not push many people out, because the cost isn't much.

4. Dave Morrison

Dave Morrison New Member

In limit play, aggression, like bluffing, makes no difference due to the limited bets. If, when playing no-limit poker, you can take the pot in 75-90% of cases due to aggression, then in the case of a limit game, the opposite is true. Your withdrawal rate will be 10-30%, which is not a significant figure for a productive and profitable game, especially when you consider the high probability of opening a bluff.

5. Brian Rasta

Brian Rasta New Member

https://gamblizard.com/
    Hi, everyone!
    I also prefer "No Lomit". The main advantage No Limit is that pots can reach epic proportions. Whether it’s a tournament or a cash game, the fact everyone can bet their entire stack at any time means the money in the middle is almost irrelevant.

6. samc

samc Member

I prefer no limit