1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Lounge Rationale for Claiming No Expertise?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by redietz, Sep 13, 2016.

1. redietz

redietz Well-Known Member

It seems to me that claiming to have no gambling expertise serves the incredibly useful purpose, for the site owners, of providing a rationale for allowing any and all posts related to gambling. This includes all topics from roulette systems that skirt the laws of probability to martingale style video poker to folks who claim to bet more on baseball totals with their neighborhood book than one could get down at Caesars Palace.

So basically, this Sgt. Schultz, "I know nothing, I see nothing" approach relieves the administrators and site owners of protecting viewers from the most outrageous (mathematically speaking) scams and pitches. The admins get more posts, more views, and so on.

I can understand why the alleged founding members, which include some famous names, never post. It would be an embarrassment to post regularly and be associated with the garbage that appears here as "gambling expertise."

So, in light of admin and ownership allowing anything without vetting or without some kind of Probability 101 filter, here's what I propose. I will have some friends, each week, grace this board with the most outrageous, ridiculous lies and nonsense and present it in a completely serious fashion. And each week, I will try to promote these math-averse, logic-averse theories.

I invite sensible people here to play along and not criticize the nonsense, so that -- maybe but maybe not -- the owner will have to step in at some point and not allow complete scams to dominate the forum.

Let's face it. Nobody who knows what they're doing, outside of Crimm and KJ, posts here. We may as well take it to an absurd extreme and overdose this sick beast as best we can. Maybe it'll die. Maybe it'll turn into an Onion version of Las Vegas Advisor.

My first friend, Bob Prancer, has some great ideas regarding hot and cold video poker machines and how waitress hooter size should be factored into which machines "pay off" best. I'll see if I can recruit him for next week's feature column.

2. LarryS

LarryS Compulsive Liar Compulsive Liar

The admin wont even put 2 and 2 together in non gambling issues such as socks. So what make you think the admin will choose to see nonsense in claims.
    Sgt Schultz.......perfect analogy

probably lost on most people

3. Boz

Boz Well-Known Member

Great post. I've been saying same thing for months. I see these guys as of the belief that any post is a good post. Their end goal is to sell ads and possibly the site. If a few marks get scammed along the way, no sweat off their backs.