1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Lounge Religion? God?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by KewlJ, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Hana

Hana New Member

I think being Jewish is a matter of birth -so told in Israel

2. jjackson

jjackson New Member

there is someone higher than us and who create all of this...does anyone think, that we evolved from monkeys?) i can't think so...

3. Hana

Hana New Member

I'm Catholic

4. Pally

Pally New Member

I was born, raised, and baptized Roman Catholic. However, I left the faith in early adulthood and am, for lack of a better description, a Deist. My beloved wife is a Protestant and, though I don't share that view, I respect and encourage her own beliefs.

Too each there own.

5. Deborin

Deborin New Member

I go to church on big holidays, but at home I pray every day. it is very individual.

6. Naom1

Naom1 New Member

I am atheist

7. samui

samui New Member

I belive in God

8. TurboGenius

TurboGenius Well-Known Member Founding Member

Self proclaimed Theoretical Philosopher
    I could make a 10,000 word post on this subject lol.
    I shouldn't even start.

I'm God (it took almost 50 years to figure that out though).

9. John Blerg

John Blerg Well-Known Member 👹 Troll 👹

Founder of CalAsia Proven Baccarat Wagering Method
    I believe in Jerry Springer and Samuel Jackson as far as religion goes, possibly Howie Mandel but he's the wrong color just being honest.

10. TurboGenius

You mean Gerald Norman Springer, Samuel Leroy Jackson and Howard Michael Mandel ?
    :)
    If you're going to believe in something/someone - know their names !
    With God it's confusing, He's God (the father), Jesus (the son) and the Holy Spirit !
    It's pretty amazing.
    He gave his only son (himself) to earth to die (then return to himself in heaven) so that
    our sins could be forgiven (they haven't been).

I mean fine... if that's what you believe.........lol

I remember George Carlin said that he prays to Joe Pesci because Joe gave about the same 50/50
    results when he prayed to him (and he's the kind of guy who can get things done !!!!!)

11. John Blerg

Also Biggie Smalls.

12. bahadurla350z

bahadurla350z Member

Religion is highly individual. Belief in God is again individual. But what intrigues me is that whenever I see those space facts, the millions and billions of galaxies containing billions of stars having thousands of planets. Thousands light years worth clouds of dust. The universe is too damn big and the fate of Earth is eventually about to reach. i think someone is controlling all these.

There exists dark energy and dark matter. You can google it and learn more. Those are the reason why the heavenly bodies act the way they do so. Maybe these mysterious entities are God's appointed. But if you look at the universe and look all the way doen to the structure of a single Atom, you would see alot of science. My mind simply doesn't understand all of these as a mere coincidence. Ther eis Someone controlling All.

If you ever have time in your life, feel lost, ot just trying to justify your opinion. Just take out an hour from you life. Give it to the Holy books and see if they cast an impact. Read Holy Quran, Holy Bible, Holy Geeta. Figure out. If your mind accepts any of these then good for you if not, then I don't know.

And yeah, I was born and raised in a Muslim Family. I always questioned about the truth and found my answers when I started reading about the universe - Cosmology. Just see some of the videos regarding universe and you will be in a state of terror. Then read any Holy book, If you feel protected, You are all good. I felt protected when I read some verses from the Holy Quran regarding the universe creation. It felt good and I knew ( just like the founder of Apple Corporation said " Just like all the matters of heart, you will know when you find it out" ) it was the right track for me.

I am really sorry if you find it offensive in any way or other

13. John Blerg

Do Muslims gamble??

14. TurboGenius

Muslims are not allowed to gamble, Christians are not supposed to gamble either.
    Then again - people believe in the bible that "Thou shall not kill" but the death penalty
    seems to be ok, and abortions are a dime-a-dozen now - those same religious people seem
    ok with both of them, they surely don't support pro-life politicians.
    Go figure.
    Religion is filled to the brim with hypocrisy and no one actually follows the "words" they
    are supposed to believe in. It's all a sham. But it's not "MY" sham lol.

15. John Blerg

Thanks for clearing that up that's why I seen the table full of Muslims drinking smoking and gambling the other night.

16. John Blerg

Where is Larry s

17. John Blerg

Are Muslims allowed to kill according to their religion?

18. Rinad

Rinad Active Member

the question is ; did everything that happen here, everything, how we function, nature, the universe.......just made up bu pure coincidence ?
    and if yes what or who got it started ? is it so difficult to believe that God ,the beginning of everything if there was ever a beginning could be this supreme being ? everything that we feel and know exist in our spirit , is'nt why we see it ? even if no one else is ? God who I believe in is Love, but so as what evil we know exist and see everyday. long ago after a near death experience I did cross over, then came back into by body and it changed me completely. was not by choice, I didn't believe in nothing before that. what we see is what we believe. happy I did ,the best day of my life. God is not the author of evil, that is the other God 's creation, all chaos entangled with fear with the absence of any compassion. God is different to many, question is what kind of God are you choosing to look at. that will have a direct effect on you.

19. Lungyeh

Lungyeh Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. New to this forum. Just thought I would contribute this to the interesting discussion going on here.

As to the inexplicable things going on in the world,

“The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law. - Deuteronomy 29:29

As to whether gambling or a game of chance is allowed in Christianity, there is no specific prohibition in the Bible. In fact the only mention of a game of chance is when the apostles conducted a straw poll to determine who would replace Judas and that also can be concluded as God already made his choice.

And the Catholic pronouncement
    CCC 2413

Games of chance (card games etc) or wagers are not in themselves contrary to justice. They become morally unacceptable when they deprive someone of what is necessary to provide for his needs and those of others. The passion for gambling risks becoming an enslavement. Unfair wagers and cheating at games constitute grave matter, unless the damage inflicted is so slight that the one who suffers it cannot reasonably consider it significant.

If you gamble for a living, that’s work or business.

Do things in moderation. As in consumption of alcohol.

20. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    America is a place where you can have everything you need and still be poor.

"Then Jesus declared, 'I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.'" (John 6:35).

“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, but lose his soul?" -Mark 8:36”

God came here in the form of a messenger that we might listen to. So that messenger became a living message.

Scholars agree that "poor in spirit" does not mean lacking in spirit, be it courage, the Holy Spirit, or religious awareness. Rather it is that poverty is not only a physical condition, but also a spiritual one.

I had to learn all this the hard way. Most people don't. I recommend learning this the easier way if you can. Most people ignore it altogether. That's the easiest way of all. It's also probably the hardest way of all.

Here is an example: "Do not judge so that you will not be judged." Most people might not see this right off the bat. This is God taking all the concerns and self righteousness off your shoulders and taking all that hassle and putting it all on His. You can be set free from having or needing to judge others. That alone is worth it.

Good luck, live and let live, it's a free will planet.

Oh yeah, Don't be a mathZombie.