1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Roulette Roulette always wins - don't fight with it, accept it

Discussion in 'Roulette Forum' started by RatFaceFizzle, Apr 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Michaela

Michaela Member

At least you're honest. If you enjoy tinkering with systems in the full knowledge that they don't work, then I say go for it. It certainly is more fun to play that way rather than mindlessly scattering chips on the felt. But if you're convinced that there is a winning system to be discovered, and spend years or even decades searching for it, it becomes more and more difficult to let go, because you've already invested so much. There is admirable persistence and foolish stubbornness, it may be a fine line between them, but remember the serenity prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  2. Michaela

Michaela Member

And please don't bring up the Wright brothers or similar examples. It's a false analogy because attempting to find a consistently winning roulette system isn't comparable at all. It isn't illogical to try to invent something everyone says is PHYSICALLY impossible, but it is illogical to try to invent something which is LOGICALLY impossible. Some people don't seem to "know the difference".

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  3. TurboGenius

TurboGenius Well-Known Member Founding Member

Self proclaimed Theoretical Philosopher
    I love that nonsense "prayer". If you don't have the wisdom to know the difference - then you can't really make changes or accept anything, because you don't have the knowledge in the first place.... 'eh nevermind. It sounds good to helpless people - which is why it's used most often by people with addictions.

That makes no sense really - just about anything is possible, or has a way to become possible. Just because "YOU" the anti-system person says it's absurd that the game can be beaten with math - doesn't make it so. It doesn't make it illogical either. Maybe ask that God of yours for more wisdom ? Just a thought lol.

4. laqlaq1

laqlaq1 New Member

What he is saying is reality is reality. Beliefs and systems cannot change that, actually impossibilities cannot just become possible. Paying 35 to 1 on an event that happens 1 out of every 38 times is mathematically impossible to beat without cheating. It's basic, simple math.

5. TurboGenius

TurboGenius Well-Known Member Founding Member

Self proclaimed Theoretical Philosopher
    See my reply to you in the other thread - basic, simple - you should understand it.
    It's Impossible isn't it - no, it's MATH. Maybe you both need some "wisdom" and more experience with the game before you condemn ways to bet that actually work. There's more to roulette than 1 spin. Really, there is..... play 2 spins and you'll see. :D