1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat Simplified Bet Selection "trends" and Attack Plan for each

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by Play2Win, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Play2Win

Play2Win Member

Just like a few other recent posters here, I've simplified my Bet Selection "trends" to a few.
    Simple rules:
    1. MM: To start any session, I'd use four 0.5 unit bets (2 units total) to test whether my preferred Trends are hitting at that point within any given shoe. If I have at least 2W, I'd play on. <2W, I'll move to next table, or wait out.
    2. ONLY looking for these FIVE conditions below, if none of them are happening, I'll stay out (not betting).

Here they are:

I. IAR Runs: B/P/Chopping Runs (IAR), Consistent Board Patterns (IAR or paced-out)

Attack Plan (MM):
    a. Conservative: 1-1-1-2-2-3-3… or the likes, goal is not to lose after 1st Win.

b. Medium: 1-2-1-2-2-3-4… goal is not to lose after 2nd Win, with decent Win if Runs continue.

c. Aggressive: 1-2-4-2-3-4… push for 3 WIAR, then "Dare to Win"

II. Dominance Attack Plan: 1-1-1 (2x on Dom side as needed)

III. Single/Week Side Attack Plan: 2x after Single/WS came out, 1-1-1 the rest

IV. Clusters Attack Plan: 2x on Seconds, 1-1-1 the rest

V. 2-Step Anti-trend Attack Plan: 0.5u, 1.5u

These are pretty self-explanatory. But if anyone want me to clarify more I'll be happy too.
    Cheers!

2. Jon Wick

Jon Wick Member

I need more clarification. Please explain in full detail when exactly do you enter the trend? And what makes you confident that your trigger point is a good time to bet? Please advise. Your time will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

3. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    The entire point of reading randomness is to read what randomness is currently doing.

If you bother to learn the skill and see it when you play then you will discover that trends and patterns often come in sizes. You might see a swarm of 2's. You might see a commonness of 4's. You might see 3's or larger with an absence of singles and 2's.

It is in seeing these traits that you will know when to enter a trend. If you don't see a trend of sizes then it is not as good as when you do. But there are other traits that swarm as a temporary commonness. It's always best to be on the look out for anything that is currently swarming. Then you will know when and where to place your bets based on large value swarms of characteristics.

On the other hand just ignore this advice. You are much better off not knowing when to bet on a trend. Magical reasons are far more rewarding, when they work. You can have Unicorns and Utopian success. That's the best of all worlds.

4. Nathan Detroit

Nathan Detroit Well-Known Member Founding Member

If that does not work give the V. Bethell the Coup of 2 or the coup of 3 a try.

5. Play2Win

Play2Win Member

I. When you enter the trend is when you recognize the trend. (A trend can come in many forms).
    Ex 1: if you're looking for a Dominance part: Walking to a shoe of 19B/10P, you "determine" that B is dominant right now and decide to bet on B only. For me, I'll flat bet on B for 3-6 times depending on whether the trend continues (Caution: It's possible that you'll hit a 3-6 P run and therefore lost every hand. But I typically don't play on if P hits for 3 consecutive hands).
    Ex 2: B/P/Chopping runs, this is easy. Once you see it runs for 2-3 times, you "pre-determine" that it's going on a run and jump on it. Worst is you lose that first unit and won a few more if it continues.
    So the general rule is: 1. You bet once you recognize a trend, slowly get into it to make sure it continues (I typically start out with 0.5 unit to "feel" whether the trend continues).
    Trend recognition is a completely different subject. It's quite common that 2 different players playing the same shoe are looking for a different trend to continue and therefore bet differently on any given hand. (This is where MM comes in handy).

II. I can never be "confident" that the trigger point will be at the right timing. Any trend can stop at any point.
    What I can be CONFIDENT in, is that:
    a. If I jump in a trend and it stops, I lose one to a few small units.
    If it continues, I'll capitalize by flat-betting and/or increase unit-size and win many more units. (Unit size depends on whether I'm winning or losing at that point).
    b. By having a good MM AND the RIGHT MINDSET (to me this is key, when I'm on my A game), I can really make good profit by following trend.
    (I do have a 2-step anti-trend, but only using that when nothing else presents).

The key, sometimes depends on how patient and discipline you're following a trend.
    I hope it answers somewhat your questions. You're welcome to ask any other specific questions.
    Cheers!

6. Nathan Detroit

A TREND for me begins with the first bet I place which is the beginning of a trend and and starting with the 2-1-2 HPB series progression.

The first loss is the end of the trend. Wait for another opportunity.

ND

Punkcity and mr j like this.
  7. Nathan Detroit

Frank Barstow`s principle of diminishing probabilities. trpeating patterns of Even chances are an indication that a change night be imminent .

That`s the reason for going in strong right at the beginning of a trend.

mr j likes this.

8. Punkcity

Punkcity Well-Known Member

CEO, manager of sublease my account name.inc
    Troll tag team one accounts head , Skipptophia.
    This is the gold standard right here people. Those of you that wait for the “clarification” of a trend have missed the point, the non bet , the paper bet to see if a trend is beginning is wrong, you have missed the first bet of the trend by doing so . If the first bet is a loss in your clarification phase you justify it as a sound winner move to yourself. It is not.
    Check your record and see that a trend is a minimum of two by waiting you have lost / missed one potential win. Usually trend is 2,3,4, the majority of the time.
    The trend wins when you actually win on it . To just observe the trend without actual betting is just wasting your time as most are far enough along to know from the number of years they have played.
    This is also when you apply YOUR favourite m m as in the above quote is a viable m m for some.
    Cheers
    It’s not rocket science. Lol.

Nathan Detroit likes this.
  9. Punkcity

Trend and anti trend betting is one and the same to me. By betting anti trend it’s a trend bet in its self imho. cheers

10. Punkcity

IF you don’t except to win your first bet you shouldn’t be playing, use whatever method you want , bet selection, m m , but that is the real crux of the matter. The first bet.
    cheers

Nathan Detroit likes this.
  11. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    This is actually the almost complete secret to using trends.

Those that have studied and practiced Reading Randomness have discovered that first attempt losses can come in swarms. This is the nature of randomness. You can have a perfect entry point for your trends or patterns and you can still get a bunch of first attempt bets that go on to lose as a dominance. Even though you back off the bet after the first loss there will be a perfect sequence that kills your session. It is just like the perfect sequence of death that kills a favorite progression.

You must take these swarms of losses as virtual bets or bets placed at minimum value. That is the MM strategy.

Conversely you must notice that you can get a swarm of first try wins. That is when you bet as much as you can that fits your bankroll strategy on those attempts when it happens. That is the MM strategy for win streaks. You can also use a modified form where you bet 2, 1 as a version for riding streaks. You might bet $200 on the first try bet and then let all the next bets of a trend or pattern ride at $100 until it encounters a lost bet.

You can also target the pattern where losses are occurring after the third win of any mini streak. You bet nothing on each fourth bet, as long as these trends continue to present themselves in this form.

In that way you become a hunter for things that change. The skill there is in figuring out if the change is to a formation of any kind that tends to continue. Seeing things that continue is the artistic skill in all this. Things that happen one time are not that helpful. Looking for swarms of the same occurring characteristic is the secret.

Once you know the form you can use it as an indicator of what to do until it changes into something else.

If you can't look at trends and patterns in this bigger picture way then you are unskilled at trend play. You will be attempting to use your MM with very limited capacity as to what is currently happening with randomness. You can still win. It's just way more difficult.

You can practice and teach yourself trend and pattern recognition. You can start by trying to see a dominate side and/or singles on the weak side. Those are just two of hundreds of common trend formations. Once you are skilled at trend and pattern recognition you can widen your scope as to seeing new undiscovered formations. The more that you can see, combined with the skill of using MM with what you see continuing, the more you will target win streaks that naturally occur.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021