1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Join our $5,000 Cash Giveaway!

Win Cash by Posting and Inviting New Members!
  3. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play sub-forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat Small martingale

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by brokercny, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Gerard Spero

Gerard Spero New Member

Care to explain your 5 step Marty bet selection, I use a math approach

G

2. Craps

Craps Active Member

Gerard,
    If anybody were to tell you about bet selection and how successful they are, they are just BS.Every bet selection works when it is working. Your guess is as good as mine. However you can fool yourself by charting which will help you in making a decision of what to bet.There are infinite ways to do a 5 step Marty. You can play all 5 hands in a row, or you can play 5 individual hands not in a row. You can choose B or P and you can choose follow or against.Be able to dictate what is working for a certain shoe is SKILL. BUt you can still lose but it will have to be a perfect storm.
    Use triggers and see how those triggers are doing e.g. take all natural 8 and 9 and see whether the hand after that is following or against. So the next time you see a natural you kind of have an idea what to bet. Again you have to look at the MAIN road. If it is running B and your chart says P, you might not want to make that P bet.
    The 5 Marty is a very powerful progression. Use that to win 8 units for a session of play (2-3) shoes.Quit if you lose 5 in a row(31) units. Comeback another day. You will be amazed by the results.
    If you want action, then you shouldn't do a Marty. If you say those famous words like "see how it goes" OR "I came here to gamble", then a 5 step Marty is not for you.

3. Jimske

Jimske Active Member Founding Member

5 step Marty has value. I like keeping it simple and using XXXX P or B. I tend to use it sparingly but you might want to give it a try as a stand alone. Personally I like to look at the texture of the shoe and guess that a run won't go 6 times. That means I am going to wait for a repeat of 2 or even 3 (depending) and make the bet. OTH in a shoe that I deem real choppy it can work like a charm.

I tend to think that shoes with a lot of XYXYXY stuff I'm going to see more 2 IAR then a long repeat so I expect to win if it stays chop (opposite - OLD) or get a 2 or 3 repeat.

Rather than wait for a certain number of hands to go by like has been suggested above I see how the shoe develops. If it losses consistency beware. I haven't gotten clipped yet.

Lastly. Not written in stone. Say you not doing so well and make the 1 2 and lose? Just stop - take the loss. Move on.

J

4. Craps

Craps Active Member

Good advice. Its true. We have to have some flexibility. Sometimes the trigger that I chose failed to appear and instead of waiting for it to come, I bet on it that it won't come. Works like a charm too.