1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Starting to study

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Fire_Womble, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Fire_Womble

Fire_Womble Guest

Hi all,
    I have recently began to take my poker more seriously as opposed to just playing for fun, I have had some success and I'd say my poker has improved quite a lot. Ive cashed a reasonable amount of tournaments including three wins. I know the only way for me to start getting more consistent results and make myself a more profitable player is to start studying more, I read some articles online about situations I know I need to improve on and I watch quite a few youtube videos about certain spots. I realise this can only get me so far and I know I need to start doing some more structured studying. My question is where to start doing this and how do I structure this better. I know one area I need to improve on is putting my opponents on ranges as opposed to a single hand, how would you advise that I start improving on this in a structured way?
    Thanks for your reply and sorry for the long winded question.

(In a less long winded way my question is how and where do I start to study?)

Source.