1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Horse Racing Taraz euthanized after Oaklawn training incident

Discussion in 'Horse Racing Forum' started by SBR Drew, Feb 27, 2020.

1. SBR Drew

SBR Drew Guest

A Juddmonte Farms homebred trained by Brad Cox, Taraz died as a result of her injuries.

According to a statement from Juddmonte, Taraz "severely fractured her left front pastern."

"Given the extreme nature of the damage to the bone and compromise to the blood supply," the statement continued, "it was agreed that repair was impractical. Having consulted between trainer Brad Cox, veterinarians and Juddmonte management it was deemed best to euthanize the filly."

The daughter of Into Mischief was impressive and unbeaten in three career starts, signaling huge potential. Following a debut victory Nov. 14 at Churchill Downs, Taraz won Fair Grounds’ Letellier Memorial Stakes by 11 1/4 lengths, then scored around two turns most recently in Oaklawn Park’s Martha Feb. Washington Stakes.

Taraz was working toward the March 7 Honeybee (G3) at Oaklawn.

Speaking after that breakout stakes win in the Letellier, Cox said, "With her I think the sky is the limit. She trains so professionally and has impressed us ever since we’ve had her. She’s never let us down in the mornings and obviously in her first two starts she has been ultra-impressive. I think she’s special...

"She’s a huge filly, but it’s her athleticism that has impressed me the most. It’s a God given gift that she has with how big she is and how athletic she is. She does everything so easy and I think the talent is there and I can’t wait to see what the future holds with her.”

Source.